- 8 hrs ago 73% Population Of Odisha Has Developed Antibodies Against COVID: ICMR Survey
- 9 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Celebrates Spring Stylishly In The Fall; Posts A Cute Set Of Pictures With Randhir Kapoor
- 9 hrs ago Benefits Of Pomegranate For Babies: When To Introduce And Things To Remember
- 13 hrs ago Janhvi Kapoor And Ananya Panday Flaunt Green Outfits At The Global Citizen Live 2021 Event
- Sports IPL 2021: CSK vs SRH: Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips, Possible 11, Match prediction
- Technology Flipkart The Big Billion Days Sale: Discount Offers On Realme 8s 5G, Realme C21Y, Realme Narzo 30 5G, And More
- News UP relaxes Covid lockdown norms for functions at open spaces
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan: Gauri Says I Overact All The Time And I Do Not Even Look Good On Screen [Flashback]
- Automobiles eBikeGo To Install 1 lakh IoT Enabled Charging Stations In India
- Finance Crisil Upgrades Bharti Airtel's Long-Term Rating to AA+; Short-Term Rating Reaffirmed
- Education JMI Entrance Exam Result 2021 Declared For All Courses, Check JMI Result Link
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In Karnataka in Winter
This festive zucchini cake is perfect for winter holidays, that everyone will love with a classic twist. There is a unique vegan option for the frosting which is completely homemade and no oil. Else, a ready-made Nutella cream will work equally well. This dessert with a burst of flavours and little zucchini bits is absolutely a spectacular combination. Be adventurous and try this out. You'll leave your guest very impressed.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!
Festive Zucchini Cake
240g brown rice flour/almond flour
2 cups dry date powder (kharik)
2tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp baking soda
0.5 cup cocoa powder
0.25 tsp salt
2cup grated zucchini
250ml milk/ 320 ml coconut milk (vegan version)
1 cup date paste/ 10 dates mixed with little water in a high-speed mixer
2tsp vanilla extract
1 egg OR 2tbsp flax egg (vegan version)
Option 1: 2.5 cup Nutella
Option 2: (vegan/healthy method)
2cups pureed sweet potato
1cup nut butter
1tsp vanilla extract
2tbsp date paste
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients (except the zucchini). Whisk it very well. If needed it can be blended in mixie. Squeeze water out of zucchini by squeezing it in paper towels. Now add the grated zucchini in the batter. Do not blend after adding zucchini. Pour this in 8-inch diameter mould lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 mins. Remove from the mould it and cool on a wire stand.
You can use:
Option 1: Ready-made Nutella as frosting
Option 2: Homemade Sweet potato frosting (Steam sweet potatoes and mash them when cool. Mix all frosting option 2 ingredients together and blend for 5mins )
Apply frosting paste (Option 1 or Option 2) on the cake. When the base has cooled down completely, slice the base horizontally. Sprinkle little water on the base. Apply frosting layer in it. Place the second part in the reverse side on it. Sprinkle little water on it and apply the frosting. Assemble the cake, such that the frosting layer is between the cake. Decorate with chocolate chips.
You can use frosting 1: ready-made Nutella as frosting.
Make a healthy homemade version using sweet potato as in option 2 along with this recipe.
Either way, method of preparing, will make your festive cake taste delicious.
Nutritional Info Home made Zucchini cake (1 kg cake; Serves 20)
Sugar (natural)- 47