- 10 min ago Sahasrarjun (Rajarajeshwara) Temple: Architecture, Best Time To Visit, History And Significance
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 17 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 14 hrs ago Birthday Special: 4 Times Manisha Koirala Proved Ethnic Wear In Whites Were Made For Her!
- 16 hrs ago Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ananya Panday: 7 Celeb-Approved Ways To Style Skinny Jeans
- Sports UFC 278: Usman vs. Edwards 2 fight card, date, timings in IST, telecast & live streaming information
- News Kashmir cops bust terrorist hideout, recover arms and ammunition
- Finance Mahanagar Gas Cuts PNG And CNG Prices, On Higher Supply From Govt
- Movies Anurag Kashyap Blames Aditya Chopra For Recent YRF Flops; 'He Needs To Empower People, Not Dictate Them'
- Technology Here’s How Hackers Are Exploiting New Vulnerabilities Within Minutes
- Education IIM Bangalore's NSRCEL partners with Alstom to launch the Incubation Program to support startups
- Automobiles Everything You Need To Know About The Upcoming Ola Electric Car - 500Km Range & More
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
Chocolate chip cookies can be made much more healthier and tasty by using oatmeal. Using oatmeal reduces the amount of flour used in the preparation of this cookie recipe. This ensures that your chocolate chip cookie has lesser calories than when compared to the flour cookies. The best part about oatmeal cookies is the nice crunch they have.
You also add a lot of texture to your cookies if oatmeal is there in your ingredient's list. It will not be as soft as a regular chocolate chip cookie but, will surely have an interesting crunchy bite. Never load your chocolate chip cookies with too many chocolate chips as it will become mushy. This cookie recipe uses semi-sweet chocolate chips as opposed to the too sweet milk chocolate one. With a few inspiring baking tips, you can make quite a sport out of this recipe.
Serves: 20 Cookies
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Unsalted butter- ½ cup
- All-purpose flour- 1 cup
- Baking soda- 1tsp
- Cinnamon- 1tsp
- Nutmeg powder- 1 tsp
- Brown sugar- 2tbsp
- White granulated sugar- ½cup
- Vanilla extract- 3-4 drops
- Eggs- 2 (beaten)
- 2tbsp water
- Bitter-sweet chocolate chips- 1 cup
- Almonds- 10 (chopped)
- Oats- 3 (normal oats not instant oats)
- Salt- 1 tsp
1. Melt the butter in a deep bottomed skillet on a low flame and allow it to get5 browned. This will take about 3-4 minutes.
2. Meanwhile whisk the flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg powder in a large mixing bowl. Mix the stipulated amount of oatmeal in warm water (1 cup ) and pour into this mixture. Lather up nicely.
3. Set the microwave to preheat at 350 degrees.
4. Decant the browned butter into a mixing bowl. Add the white and brown sugar to it. Add the eggs and beat the mixture lightly until it turns light brown.
5. Now pour the butter sugar mixture into the flour mixture. Add the almonds, chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Mix it uniformly with a baton like spoon.
6. Dole out the cookie mixture into molds (round, square or any others shape). You can also shape them by hand.
7. Line the pan with butter paper or cookie sheets as they are called, and place the cookies on the pan.
8. Bake for 10 minutes at 170 degrees. You can wait for another 5 minutes if you like your cookies extra crisp and browned.
You can serve these amazing chocolate chip cookies warm fresh from the oven or after they cool down. These cookies can be easily stored in air tight containers or glass jar.
- recipesHow To Prepare Chocolate Cookies With Stuffed Cream Cheese
- recipesPeanut Butter Banana Cookies: How To Make It At Home
- pulseCookies Will Be Baked In Space To See How They Are Cooked In Zero Gravity
- recipesStar Anise Cookie Recipe
- recipesBanana Ice Cream And Double Chocolate Black Bean Cookie Sandwich Recipe
- recipesBarley Ragi Chocolate Butter Cookies
- cakes bakesCrunchy Coconut Cookie Recipe
- nutrition5 Health Benefits Of Cookies
- cakes bakesNut Cookie: National Nut Day Spcl
- deep fried snacksItalian Wine Cookies: Christmas Snack
- cakes bakesRose Cookies: Authentic Christmas Recipe