- 1 hr ago Samantha Akkineni’s Fringe Yellow Dress Is The Classiest Way To Make Yourself Stand Out At Cocktail Parties
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 17 April 2021
- 16 hrs ago Flashback Friday: Of Vespa Scooters And Vintage Fashion Of Catherine Zeta-Jones And Audrey Hepburn
- 16 hrs ago Mercury Transit In Aries 2021: How It Will Affect Different Zodiac Signs
- Technology Google Pixel Watch Renders Reveal Circular Design With Crown; Expected Features, Launch Date
- Movies Celebrity Fashion Designer Manish Malhotra Tests Positive For COVID-19: Immediately Isolated Myself
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door Specs Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- News US FedEx mass shooting: 4 Sikhs among 8 dead
- Sports Pakistan players will get visas for T20 World Cup
- Finance TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Mindtree: How These IT Giants Performed In Q4FY21?
- Education UPSC NDA I Exam 2021 To Get Postponed? Check Latest Updates
- Travel Google Maps And Search Now Shows Covid-19 Vaccination Locations In India
Chocolate chip cookies can be made much more healthier and tasty by using oatmeal. Using oatmeal reduces the amount of flour used in the preparation of this cookie recipe. This ensures that your chocolate chip cookie has lesser calories than when compared to the flour cookies. The best part about oatmeal cookies is the nice crunch they have.
You also add a lot of texture to your cookies if oatmeal is there in your ingredient's list. It will not be as soft as a regular chocolate chip cookie but, will surely have an interesting crunchy bite. Never load your chocolate chip cookies with too many chocolate chips as it will become mushy. This cookie recipe uses semi-sweet chocolate chips as opposed to the too sweet milk chocolate one. With a few inspiring baking tips, you can make quite a sport out of this recipe.
Serves: 20 Cookies
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Unsalted butter- ½ cup
- All-purpose flour- 1 cup
- Baking soda- 1tsp
- Cinnamon- 1tsp
- Nutmeg powder- 1 tsp
- Brown sugar- 2tbsp
- White granulated sugar- ½cup
- Vanilla extract- 3-4 drops
- Eggs- 2 (beaten)
- 2tbsp water
- Bitter-sweet chocolate chips- 1 cup
- Almonds- 10 (chopped)
- Oats- 3 (normal oats not instant oats)
- Salt- 1 tsp
1. Melt the butter in a deep bottomed skillet on a low flame and allow it to get5 browned. This will take about 3-4 minutes.
2. Meanwhile whisk the flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg powder in a large mixing bowl. Mix the stipulated amount of oatmeal in warm water (1 cup ) and pour into this mixture. Lather up nicely.
3. Set the microwave to preheat at 350 degrees.
4. Decant the browned butter into a mixing bowl. Add the white and brown sugar to it. Add the eggs and beat the mixture lightly until it turns light brown.
5. Now pour the butter sugar mixture into the flour mixture. Add the almonds, chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Mix it uniformly with a baton like spoon.
6. Dole out the cookie mixture into molds (round, square or any others shape). You can also shape them by hand.
7. Line the pan with butter paper or cookie sheets as they are called, and place the cookies on the pan.
8. Bake for 10 minutes at 170 degrees. You can wait for another 5 minutes if you like your cookies extra crisp and browned.
You can serve these amazing chocolate chip cookies warm fresh from the oven or after they cool down. These cookies can be easily stored in air tight containers or glass jar.