- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 17 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 13 hrs ago Birthday Special: 4 Times Manisha Koirala Proved Ethnic Wear In Whites Were Made For Her!
- 15 hrs ago Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ananya Panday: 7 Celeb-Approved Ways To Style Skinny Jeans
- 16 hrs ago Scientists Develop Smart Contact Lenses That Can Diagnose Cancer From Tears
- News SC to hear matter related to FIFA ban on AIFF today
- Finance LIC Launches Special Campaign, To Revive Lapsed Policies
- Technology Here’s How Hackers Are Exploiting New Vulnerabilities Within Minutes
- Movies Kiran Yogeshwar On Her Bigg Boss Kannada OTT Journey: I Did Experience Language Barrier Yet Gave My Best
- Sports Elon Musk to buy Manchester United?
- Education IIM Bangalore's NSRCEL partners with Alstom to launch the Incubation Program to support startups
- Automobiles Everything You Need To Know About The Upcoming Ola Electric Car - 500Km Range & More
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
October 22nd is marked as the National Nut Day in many countries. Launched in UK, this day is also traditionally celebrated in USA.
We all know that nuts are nutritious and healthy for our diet. Be it almonds, walnut, raisins, cashew nuts, peanuts, they are healthy, filling and filled with nutrients. According to many researchers, nuts like almonds, peanuts, walnuts and Brazilian nuts are healthy substitutes of meat.
You can add nuts in many dishes. Be it a dessert, sabji or a salad, you can use your creative cooking skills to add nuts and bring a different flavours to your dish.
Nut cookies are an all time favourite snack for kids. Even adults love to munch nut cookies with a cup of brewing hot tea or coffee. Why buy nut cookies from the bakery when you can bake them at home? On the occasion of National Nut Day, prepare this nut cookie recipe and serve it with a cup of hot tea or coffee.
Nut cookie recipe:
Serves: 15-20 cookies
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- Whole wheat flour- 2 cups
- Sugar- 1 ½ cups
- Eggs- 3
- Raisins- 2tsp
- Cashew nuts- ½ cup (crushed)
- Cinnamon powder- 1tsp
- Baking powder- ½ tsp
- Vanilla essence- ½ tsp
- Vegetable oil/butter- 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mix flour with sugar, baking powder, nuts, raisins, cinnamon. Use a spoon to mix all the ingredients well.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs. Now add oil/butter, sugar and vanilla essence. Mix till the sugar melts and looks like syrup.
- Now combine all the ingredients together in one bowl and mix well.
- Cover the baking dish with a cookie sheet. Grease with oil or butter.
- With the help of a spoon or ice creams coop, place the cookie dough; each cookie at an inch distance away.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until brown and crisp.
- Once done, take cookies out from the cookie sheet. Use a knife to take out the cookies from the sheet.
Let it cool. Nut cookies are ready to eat. Garnish this snack with crushed nuts. Enjoy the snack and celebrate National Nut Day.
- recipesHow To Prepare Chocolate Cookies With Stuffed Cream Cheese
- recipesPeanut Butter Banana Cookies: How To Make It At Home
- pulseCookies Will Be Baked In Space To See How They Are Cooked In Zero Gravity
- recipesStar Anise Cookie Recipe
- recipesBanana Ice Cream And Double Chocolate Black Bean Cookie Sandwich Recipe
- recipesBarley Ragi Chocolate Butter Cookies
- cakes bakesCrunchy Coconut Cookie Recipe
- nutrition5 Health Benefits Of Cookies
- cakes bakesChocolate Chip Cookies With Oatmeal
- deep fried snacksItalian Wine Cookies: Christmas Snack
- cakes bakesRose Cookies: Authentic Christmas Recipe