- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 08 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 5 hrs ago Amazon Great Freedom Sale 2022: Bring Home Boho Home Furnishing Items And Save Up To 70%
- 12 hrs ago Dustin Hoffman Birthday Special Irresistibly Versatile Actor Turns 85
- 20 hrs ago It’s Raining Offers On Amazon: Bag 60% Off On Handbags Today!
- News Odisha, Bengal brace for heavy rain; IMD issues yellow alert for Mumbai
- Movies Laal Singh Chaddha: Hyderabad Screening Attended By Prominent Names
- Finance Irdai, To Revamp Grievance Redressal Mechanism, To Rename It 'Bima Bharosa'
- Technology Wordle For August 8: Hints, Clues For Today’s Impossible Wordle
- Sports Commonwealth Games 2022, Day 11: India Schedule, Events List On August 8, Live Streaming, IST Time, TV Channel
- Education How Can MSc Business Analytics Boost Your Career Growth?
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Launched At Rs 1,49,900 - The Lightest Enfield
- Travel Phang Nga Bay: James Bond Island
Christmas is the time for cakes. It is the time of the year when we all ditch our calorie count, sit backa and enjoy the cake season with full fervour. Christmas cakes are of many varieties like the fruit cake, plum cake, banana cake and then of course we have the delightful rum cake.
A classic rum cake tastes simply heavenly. In India, it is difficult to look for the right shop where you may find the best of rumcakes. But what if you can bake the perfect rum cake at your home this Christmas? It will be a pleasant surprise for everyone in the family. There is absolutely no need to describe how wonderful a classic rum cake tastes and we will let this special Christmas dessert speak for itself.
So, excited about baking your own rum cake this Christmas? Then take a look at this Christmas special recipe of classic rum cake and give it a shot.
ALSO SEE; HOW TO BAKE EGGLESS CAKE WITHOUT OVEN
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
All you need
- Butter- 1 1/2 cups (softened)
- Powdered sugar- 1 1/2 cups
- Lemon rind- 2tbsp (grated)
- Eggs- 3 (white portion)
- Egg yolk- 1
- Vanilla essence- 2tsp
- Dark rum- 1/2 cup
- Banana liqueur- 1/4 cup
- Maida (all purpose flour)- 3 cups
- Baking powder- 2tsp
- Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- a pinch
- Whipped cream- 1 cup
- Bundt pan for baking
- Butter- 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar- 3/4 cup
- Banana liqueur- 1/4 cup
- Dark rum- 1/4 cup
- Powdered sugar- for icing
1. Take the butter, powdered sugar in a hand blender and whisk it til they get mixed properly.
2. Keep whisking the butter and sugar mixture and add one egg at a time to it.
3. Then add the vanilla essence, lemon rind and the dark rum. Keep whisking till all the ingredients get mixed properly.
4. Now add the banana liqueur and whisk again. The batter may look curdled but still keep whisking.
5. Add the baking soda, baking powder and salt to the maida and mix well.
6. Now while you keep whisking the batter with the blender, add the flour mix and whipped cream alternatively. Keep whisking till the batter becomes smooth.
7. Grease the bundt pan with butter and a tablespoon of flour on all the sides.
8. Now pur the mixture into the pan and bake it in a pre-heated oven for about 55-60 minutes at 350 degrees.
9. Then to prepare the syrup take the butter in a pan and add the powdered sugar, banana liqueur and dark rum to it. Boil for about 5-7 minutes.
10. Once done, switch off the flame and allow it to cool down.
11. Take the cake out of oven, once it is done. Make small holes in the cake using a toothpick or fork.
12. Pour the syrup over the cake and make sure the syrup seeps through these holes into the cake. Let it stand for 45 minutes.
13. Then take the cake out of the pan and sprinkle powdered sugar over the cake as icing using a small sieve.
Your Christmas special rum cake is ready to be served.
Rum has the trait of keeping our body warm during the winter season. Therefore this rum cake is the best recipe to keep yourself warm and have delightful sweet treat at the same time. Otherwise it contains good amount of calories and fats which is not a good option for dieters.
- wellnessHoliday Depression: 7 Tips On How To Beat The Holiday Blues
- bollywood wardrobeChristmas 2021: Rhea, Sara, Alia, Kiara At Their Fashionable Best For This Christmas
- fashion trendsDazzling And Sparkling Jewellery For Making Your Festive Season Merrier
- improvementChristmas 2021: How To Prepare For Perfect Christmas Dinner And Traditions Amid COVID-19 And Omicron
- wellnessHoliday Season Is Here! Tips To Stay Healthy Between Christmas And New Year's
- decor5 Easy Christmas Home Decoration Ideas By Interior Design Expert
- offer of the dayAmazon Sale 2021: Best Deals On Christmas Essentials, Bakeware Set, Accessories
- wellnessHeart-Healthy Tips And Expert Suggestions To Enjoy This Holiday Season
- skin care6 Christmas Beauty Tips To Keep You Glowing This Holiday Season!
- healthOmicron: Delhi Govt To Clamp Restrictions In View Of Christmas, New Year If Need Be
- faith mysticismSt. Nicholas Day: Story Behind The Saint Putting Candy In Children's Boots And Inspiring Santa Claus
- festivalsDecember Festivals 2021: Not Just Christmas, Here Is A List Of Auspicious Days In The Month