- 4 hrs ago What Is Breadcrumbing In A Relationship? Signs That Will Help You To Know If You're Into It!
- 6 hrs ago Everything You Need To Know About The Hypercholesterolemia (High Cholesterol Levels) Condition
- 6 hrs ago Richa Chadha's Latest Outfits Are A Proof That Her Fashion Game Is Getting Better And More Diverse
- 6 hrs ago Aditi Rao Hydari Proves Elegance Is In Simplicity With Her Plain Yellow Sari
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 3 Elimination Week 12: A Strong Contestant Gets Evicted?
- Sports PKL 2019: Vikas Kandola steers Haryana Steelers to a comfortable win over Tamil Thalaivas
- News Delhi's Babar Road signage blackened
- Technology Realme Invests Rs. 300 Crore To Set Up Eight SMT Lines: Report
- Automobiles Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- Finance Govt Employees Will Get Housing Advance At Lower Interest Rates
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Christmas is all about cakes, muffins and other desserts. Plum cake is one of the most common Christmas cakes which is very popularly prepared in every household. Plum cake can be prepared with a variety of dry fruits and topped with cherries.
If you want to prepare the traditional plum cake on Christmas, then check out the recipe. Here is a simple homemade Christmas plum cake recipe that is soft, spongy, sweet and a delicious cake for celebrations!
Homemade Christmas Plum Cake Recipe:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
1. Refined flour (Maida)- 1 cup
2. Walnuts- 2tbsp (chopped)
3. Baking powder- ½ tsp
4. Raisins- 3tbsp
5. Brown sugar- 1 cup
6. Vanilla essence- 3-4 drops
7. Eggs- 3
8. Butter- ½ cup (softened)
9. Lemon zest- 1tsp
10. Cherries- 2tbsp (halved) for garnishing
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
2. Sieve the refined flour and baking powder.
3. Now add walnuts, raisins and mix well.
4. In another bowl, whisk the butter and brown sugar. Whisk well till it becomes creamy. Add vanilla essence, eggs and lemon zest.
5. Slowly add the sieved flour and mix.
6. Grease a cake tin with butter and then pour the mix into it.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Once done, let it cool.
Christmas plum cake is ready to eat. Cut into slices and garnish with halved cherries. If you want, you can also add cherries while preparing the mix. However, if adding in the mix, make sure you cut the cherries into small pieces.