- 35 min ago Kangana Ranaut Inspires Us To Update Our Wardrobe With A Ralph Lauren Suit
- 59 min ago Umang 2020: Raveena Tandon And Manisha Koirala Show Us How To Look Stylish Yet Distinctive
- 1 hr ago 10 Awesome Health Benefits Of Cocoa Powder You Never Knew
- 2 hrs ago Can Chia Seeds Help Reduce Belly Fat?
- Movies Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah: Fans Compare Jethalal To Selena Gomez & It's Hilarious
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Punjab FC keep pressure on leaders Mohun Bagan with victory over Gokulam Kerala
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- News BJP will scale newer heights during Nadda's presidency: PM Modi
- Technology Samsung Might Launch Galaxy A51 And Galaxy A71 In February: Report
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Christmas is all about cakes, muffins and other desserts. Plum cake is one of the most common Christmas cakes which is very popularly prepared in every household. Plum cake can be prepared with a variety of dry fruits and topped with cherries.
If you want to prepare the traditional plum cake on Christmas, then check out the recipe. Here is a simple homemade Christmas plum cake recipe that is soft, spongy, sweet and a delicious cake for celebrations!
Homemade Christmas Plum Cake Recipe:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time:40 minutes
1.Refined flour (Maida)- 1 cup
2.Walnuts- 2tbsp (chopped)
3.Baking powder- ½ tsp
5.Brown sugar- 1 cup
6.Vanilla essence- 3-4 drops
8.Butter- ½ cup (softened)
9.Lemon zest- 1tsp
10.Cherries- 2tbsp (halved) for garnishing
1.Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
2.Sieve the refined flour and baking powder.
3.Now add walnuts, raisins and mix well.
4.In another bowl, whisk the butter and brown sugar. Whisk well till it becomes creamy. Add vanilla essence, eggs and lemon zest.
5.Slowly add the sieved flour and mix.
6.Grease a cake tin with butter and then pour the mix into it.
7.Bake for 15-20 minutes. Once done, let it cool.
Christmas plum cake is ready to eat. Cut into slices and garnish with halved cherries. If you want, you can also add cherries while preparing the mix. However, if adding in the mix, make sure you cut the cherries into small pieces.