- News UP Sunni Waqf Board meeting today, decision on mosque land likely
- Technology OnePlus 8 Pro 5G Specifications Leaked: Confirm To Feature 64MP Camera
- Finance Global Gold Price Rise To Its Highest In 7 Years; Experts Suggest Profit Booking
- Sports Reed produces fine finish to win WGC-Mexico Championship
- Movies Mafia Box Office 3 Days Collections: The Arun Vijay Starrer Is Going Strong!
- Automobiles Urban Mobility Lab Launched In Bangalore By Rocky Mountain Institute And Micelio
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Monsoon is the time to relax by your balcony, reading a nice book, sipping hot tea, occassionally watching the rain drops and munching on crispy snacks. That's a heavenly experience. We all want to experience this bliss when the rains come pouring down.
So, what are you planning to fry up this evening? We suggest you to try out something out of the regular. Here we have a special Bengali snack recipe which is known as piyazi. Piyaz is basically the Bengali name for onion. This makes it clear that the snack recipe is made with onions.
Piyazi is a form of Indian cutlet which is prepared with gram flour and a lot of onions. These cutlets taste extremely delicious and the crispy crunch is simply a treat for your taste-buds.
Take a look at the recipe of piyazi and do give it a try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Besan- 1 cup
- Onions- 3 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Kala jeera (onion seeds)- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- a pinch
- Turmeric powder- a pinch
- Salt- as per taste
- Rice flour- 1tbsp
- Oil- for deep frying
- Water- 1/2 cup
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl except the oil.
2. Mix well and knead a tight dough.
3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
4. Take a medium sized ball from the dough and flatten it between your palms like a cutlet.
5. Carefully place the cutlet into hot oil.
6. Fry on low flame till it turns golden brown from all the sides.
7. Once done, transfer the piyazi to a serving plate and serve.
8. Make more piyazis in the same way.
Hot and crispy piyazis are ready to be served. Enjoy this delicious snack recipe with the dip of your choice.