- 5 min ago Viral Infections May Promote Alzheimer's Like Diseases: Study
- 19 min ago Hum Do Hamare Do Promotions: Kriti Sanon’s Aqua Gown Is What You Can Bookmark For Tropical Holidays
- 59 min ago Sara Ali Khan And Janhvi Kapoor Doll Up In Party Dresses For Ranveer Singh’s Show, The Big Picture
- 2 hrs ago IMF Chief Economist Gita Gopinath To Quit Job, Plans To Return To Harvard University
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: Big shame that we don't have Stokes, Archer for tournament, says Roy
- Movies Bigg Boss 15: Karan Kundrra Says He Never Did Any Work At Home But Is Now Cleaning Toilets In The BB House
- Finance This Small-Cap IT Company To Consider Interim Dividend On October 26
- News India expressed readiness to provide humanitarian aid to Afghans says Taliban
- Technology Moto G51 5G Key Features Leaked Online; 50MP Triple Camera, FHD+ Display In Tow
- Education Kerala TET Result Released For May 2021 Session
- Travel Top Wedding Destinations In India
- Automobiles Mahindra XUV700 Crosses 65000 Bookings In Just Two Weeks
Tea time with crispy snacks is the best combination ever. Cheese balls seem to be a snack which most kids love to relish. Cheese balls can be made with many ingredients. Have you tried macaroni and corn cheese balls? This fried Indian snack can be a treat for the snack lovers. It is made with macaroni, corn kernels and cheese.
You must have tried many different varieties of macaroni. But this snack recipe is sure to stand out among the lot. This is a high calorie dish as the balls are fried in oil and also contains cheese. So, if you are on a diet, you can reduce some calories by using fat-free cheese.
Here is the recipe to make macaroni and corn cheese balls. Take a look.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
All you need
- Butter- 1tbsp
- Maida (all purpose flour)- 2tbsp
- Milk- 1 cup
- Macaroni- 1 cup (boiled)
- Sweet corn- 1/2 cup
- Cheese- 1/4 cup (grated)
- Capsicum- 1 (finely chopped)
- Red chilli flakes- 2tsp
- Black pepper powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Bread crumbs- 1 cup
- Oil- for deep frying
1. To prepare the white sauce, heat the butter in a pan and add maida to it. Saute for a minute and then add the milk. Stir immediately and make sure no lumps are formed.
2. Add the boiled pasta and capsicum to it and saute for 4-5 minutes.
3. Then add salt, chilli flakes, black pepper, sweet corn and mix well. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the grated cheese and allow it to melt. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool down.
5. Divide the mixture into 6-7 equal parts. Make small balls out of the cooked macaroni.
6. Spread the bread crumbs on a plate and roll the balls of macaroni on it to cover all the sides.
7. Heat the oil for deep frying and once the oil is hot, slowly put the balls into it and fry till they are golden brown.
8. Once done, transfer the balls to a plate and serve with ketchup.
These macaroni and corn cheese balls taste best when served with ketchup or cheese dip.