- News Coronavirus: China bans wild animal trade until viral outbreak eases
- Sports Australian Open 2020: Coco Gauff eyeing Tokyo Olympics after fairytale run ends in Melbourne
- Technology Oppo Might Launch Its Financial Services In India This Year: Report
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 14 Box Office: Collections Slow Down As Week 2 Comes To An End
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
This pongal (sankranti), enjoy the tasty and crispy homemade murukkus, our special pick for the upcoming festival. Butter murukku (Benne Murukku) is a great combination with meals or with a hot cup of tea not only on the festive day but can be enjoyed on any day. Try preparing the tasty butter murukkus as part of the Pongal feast and relish it with family and friends. Take a look.
Butter Murukku Recipe – Pongal Recipe (Sankranti Recipe)
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup urad dal
- 3 tsp butter (melted)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Oil as required
- Chilli powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
1.Fry urad dal till light brown and set aside.
2.Grind the fried urad dal into a fine powder and mix it with rice flour and rest of the ingredients making it into a soft dough.
3.Add dough into a murukku mould and press it into small coils and fry the murukku in oil until golden brown.
4.Drain the extra oil with paper tissues and store it in an air tight container. Tasty butter murukku recipe ready to serve.
Enjoy crispy homemade butter murukku recipe this pongal and relish it with a tasty pudina chutney.