- 13 min ago Diwali 2019: Date, Muhurat And Significance
- 23 min ago 7 Ways That Can Help You In Healing Your Fractured Friendship
- 1 hr ago Janhvi Kapoor Makes A Dramatic Splash With Her Red Dress For The Covershoot
- 2 hrs ago Karwa Chauth 2019: These Bollywood Divas Inspired Us With Their Ethnic Outfits
- News Abhijit Banerjee's thinking is Left-leaning: Piyush Goyal
- Automobiles Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Bharaate Twitter Review: Sriimurali's Latest Disappoints Fans As Another Masala Family Entertainment
- Technology Apple Offering Free Repair Program To iPhone 6s Users: Know How To Apply
- Sports Motegi set for a showdown
- Finance Jio Adds Highest Number Of Users In August While Airtel, Vodafone Idea Lose Customers
- Travel Tips For Choosing The Right Travel Insurance Policy
- Education HTET Preparation Tips To Crack Exam In One Month
Jhal muri forms an integral part of life for the people of Kolkata or in fact the whole of West Bengal. As soon as you step on a train to Kolkata, first thing which you hear on it is the hawker who sells jhal muri. It is so mesmerising to see the person make this interesting snack in a matter of few seconds.
Jhal in Bengali means spicy and and muri is the puffed rice. So, this snack recipe involves spicing up the puffed rice along with a few other ingredients. The best part is that it gets ready in minutes and you can hog on it as much as you want because it does not make you fat. It is in fact, one of the most healthy snack recipes that Indians have discovered.
On a rainy day, jhal muri tastes all the more delectable. Take a look at this Kolkata special snack recipe of jhal muri and do give it a try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Puffed rice- 2 cups
- Potatoes- 2 (boiled and chopped)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 4 (finely chopped)
- Sev- 1/2 cup
- Kala chana (black gram)- 1/2 cup (soaked)
- Salt- as per taste
- Lemon juice- 1tbsp
- Pickle masala- 1tsp
- Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (chopped)
- Mustard oil- 1tbsp
- Coconut pieces- for garnish
1. Drain the water from the kala chana.
2. Take all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
3. Mix all of them together with hands or a spatula.
4. Garnish with coconut pieces and serve.
Jhal muri is ready to be served. Enjoy this easy and special snack recipe on a cool, rainy day.