- News 19-year-old calls sister's friend to house, allegedly rapes her
- Technology Xiaomi Mi True Wireless Earphones 2S Launch Could Be Imminent
- Sports Khabib scoffs at talk of rematch ahead of 'minor league' McGregor comeback
- Movies Selvaraghavan-SJ Suryah’s ‘Nenjam Marappathillai’ Is Finally Set To Release Soon
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Jhal muri forms an integral part of life for the people of Kolkata or in fact the whole of West Bengal. As soon as you step on a train to Kolkata, first thing which you hear on it is the hawker who sells jhal muri. It is so mesmerising to see the person make this interesting snack in a matter of few seconds.
Jhal in Bengali means spicy and and muri is the puffed rice. So, this snack recipe involves spicing up the puffed rice along with a few other ingredients. The best part is that it gets ready in minutes and you can hog on it as much as you want because it does not make you fat. It is in fact, one of the most healthy snack recipes that Indians have discovered.
On a rainy day, jhal muri tastes all the more delectable. Take a look at this Kolkata special snack recipe of jhal muri and do give it a try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Puffed rice- 2 cups
- Potatoes- 2 (boiled and chopped)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 4 (finely chopped)
- Sev- 1/2 cup
- Kala chana (black gram)- 1/2 cup (soaked)
- Salt- as per taste
- Lemon juice- 1tbsp
- Pickle masala- 1tsp
- Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (chopped)
- Mustard oil- 1tbsp
- Coconut pieces- for garnish
1. Drain the water from the kala chana.
2. Take all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
3. Mix all of them together with hands or a spatula.
4. Garnish with coconut pieces and serve.
Jhal muri is ready to be served. Enjoy this easy and special snack recipe on a cool, rainy day.