- 9 min ago Shivaji Jayanti: 22 Lesser Known Facts About The Brave Maratha Warrior-King
- 24 min ago Urvashi Rautela, Bhumi Pednekar Or Tahira Kashyap, Whose Red Gown Wowed You The Most?
- 47 min ago How To Choose The Right Shade For Eyebrow Pencil
- 2 hrs ago Lakme Fashion Week Summer Resort 2020: Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks Ravishing In A Pastel Gown
- Movies Karan Johar Announces New Release Dates For Roohi Afzana, Gunjan Saxena And Angrezi Medium
- Automobiles Next-gen Kia Sorento Revealed Ahead Of Debut At Geneva Motor Show
- News Karnataka: Hubli residents thrash Kashmiri students for raising pro-Pakistan slogans
- Technology Apple Dominates Premium Smartphone Segment; Grabs 75% Market Share
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In South India During Maha Shivaratri!
- Sports Former Man Utd keeper and Munich air disaster survivor Harry Gregg dies aged 87
- Finance ONGC Shares Fall To 11-Year Low On Weak Q3 Results
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
Jhal muri forms an integral part of life for the people of Kolkata or in fact the whole of West Bengal. As soon as you step on a train to Kolkata, first thing which you hear on it is the hawker who sells jhal muri. It is so mesmerising to see the person make this interesting snack in a matter of few seconds.
Jhal in Bengali means spicy and and muri is the puffed rice. So, this snack recipe involves spicing up the puffed rice along with a few other ingredients. The best part is that it gets ready in minutes and you can hog on it as much as you want because it does not make you fat. It is in fact, one of the most healthy snack recipes that Indians have discovered.
On a rainy day, jhal muri tastes all the more delectable. Take a look at this Kolkata special snack recipe of jhal muri and do give it a try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Puffed rice- 2 cups
- Potatoes- 2 (boiled and chopped)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 4 (finely chopped)
- Sev- 1/2 cup
- Kala chana (black gram)- 1/2 cup (soaked)
- Salt- as per taste
- Lemon juice- 1tbsp
- Pickle masala- 1tsp
- Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (chopped)
- Mustard oil- 1tbsp
- Coconut pieces- for garnish
1. Drain the water from the kala chana.
2. Take all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
3. Mix all of them together with hands or a spatula.
4. Garnish with coconut pieces and serve.
Jhal muri is ready to be served. Enjoy this easy and special snack recipe on a cool, rainy day.