- 23 min ago Rice Flour: Benefits For Skin & How To Use
- 1 hr ago Angelina Jolie's San Diego Comic Con Look Is A Lesson In Effortless Power Dressing
- 4 hrs ago What Is Emotional Intelligence? 15 Ways To Improve It
- 9 hrs ago From Amit Aggarwal To Tarun Tahiliani: What Can We Expect From The Designers At The FDCI ICW 2019?
- Movies Rana Daggubati's Health Rumours Leave Fans Worried; What Is The Truth?
- Automobiles Kia Seltos — Top Thing To Know About India’s Most-Awaited SUV Of 2019
- News Chandrayaan-2: Changes made after July 15 launch abort
- Sports WWE Monday Night Raw preview and schedule: July 22, 2019
- Technology India Slips 3 Ranks In Mobile, Fixed Broadband Speeds In June: Ookla
- Finance Should You Subscribe To NPS If Your Employer Offers To Contribute?
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Jhal muri forms an integral part of life for the people of Kolkata or in fact the whole of West Bengal. As soon as you step on a train to Kolkata, first thing which you hear on it is the hawker who sells jhal muri. It is so mesmerising to see the person make this interesting snack in a matter of few seconds.
Jhal in Bengali means spicy and and muri is the puffed rice. So, this snack recipe involves spicing up the puffed rice along with a few other ingredients. The best part is that it gets ready in minutes and you can hog on it as much as you want because it does not make you fat. It is in fact, one of the most healthy snack recipes that Indians have discovered.
On a rainy day, jhal muri tastes all the more delectable. Take a look at this Kolkata special snack recipe of jhal muri and do give it a try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Puffed rice- 2 cups
- Potatoes- 2 (boiled and chopped)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 4 (finely chopped)
- Sev- 1/2 cup
- Kala chana (black gram)- 1/2 cup (soaked)
- Salt- as per taste
- Lemon juice- 1tbsp
- Pickle masala- 1tsp
- Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (chopped)
- Mustard oil- 1tbsp
- Coconut pieces- for garnish
1. Drain the water from the kala chana.
2. Take all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
3. Mix all of them together with hands or a spatula.
4. Garnish with coconut pieces and serve.
Jhal muri is ready to be served. Enjoy this easy and special snack recipe on a cool, rainy day.