- 15 min ago Banana Leaves: Medicinal Benefits And Traditional Uses
- 43 min ago Girl Power At The Bayreuth Festival Opera In Germany
- 49 min ago Mouni Roy Looks Drop Dead Gorgeous In Her Shimmering Black Saree; Her Makeup Game Is Strong Too!
- 2 hrs ago Happy Birthday Kriti Sanon: The 3 Stunning Saree Looks Of The Mimi Actress
- Movies Raj Kundra Case: Employees From Businessman's Viaan Industries Asked To Delete Obscene Content From Hotshots
- News 490 in 2010 and 2 in 2021: Abductions for levy by naxals sees big drop
- Technology Motorola Edge 20 Series Benchmarks Out; Edge 20 Pro's Design Also Tipped
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: NRAI to initiate assessment into India shooters' flop show in the Games
- Education JEE Advanced 2021 Update: JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Date Announced, To Be Conducted On October 3. Check Schedule
- Finance Vi Launches ‘Vi Hero Unlimited’ Plan: Check Benefits Here
- Automobiles Tata Safari 10,000 Units Production Crossed In 5 Months Of India Launch: New Milestone Achieved!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Jhal muri forms an integral part of life for the people of Kolkata or in fact the whole of West Bengal. As soon as you step on a train to Kolkata, first thing which you hear on it is the hawker who sells jhal muri. It is so mesmerising to see the person make this interesting snack in a matter of few seconds.
Jhal in Bengali means spicy and and muri is the puffed rice. So, this snack recipe involves spicing up the puffed rice along with a few other ingredients. The best part is that it gets ready in minutes and you can hog on it as much as you want because it does not make you fat. It is in fact, one of the most healthy snack recipes that Indians have discovered.
On a rainy day, jhal muri tastes all the more delectable. Take a look at this Kolkata special snack recipe of jhal muri and do give it a try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Puffed rice- 2 cups
- Potatoes- 2 (boiled and chopped)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 4 (finely chopped)
- Sev- 1/2 cup
- Kala chana (black gram)- 1/2 cup (soaked)
- Salt- as per taste
- Lemon juice- 1tbsp
- Pickle masala- 1tsp
- Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (chopped)
- Mustard oil- 1tbsp
- Coconut pieces- for garnish
1. Drain the water from the kala chana.
2. Take all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
3. Mix all of them together with hands or a spatula.
4. Garnish with coconut pieces and serve.
Jhal muri is ready to be served. Enjoy this easy and special snack recipe on a cool, rainy day.