- News Huge clash breaks out between BJP, Congress workers at a restaurant launch event in Bhopal
- Sports Warner, Smith, bowlers make Australia favourites for India Tests: Hayden
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7 - Kishen Bilagali Gets Eliminated In A Shocking Turn Of Events
- Technology Windows 10 Guide: How To Add And Manage Multiple OneDrive Accounts
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Pomfret fish is a highly nutritious and tasty fish. All fish lovers love to hog on this fish at least once in their lifetime. This sea fish is prepared in a number of ways across India and interestingly, all the recipes taste equally good.
Today, we have a special Bengali recipe for pomfret known as the shorshe pomfret or pomfret fish in mustard sauce. As evident from the name, this fish recipe uses mustard paste in abundance. It is a relatively easy and quick preparation. The zesty taste of mustard and the sharp aroma of mustard oil is the most crucial part of the recipe.
So, here is the recipe for pomfret fish in mustard sauce. Do give it a try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
All you need
- Pomfret fish- 1
- Yellow mustard seeds- 2tbsp
- Garlic- 5-6 cloves
- Green chillies- 3
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Black cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Mustard oil- 2tbsp
- Coriander leaves- for garnish
1. Wash the fish thoroughly with water and cut it horizontally into equal pieces.
2. Grind the mustard seeds, garlic and two green chillies together with a little water into a thick paste.
3. Marinate the fish pieces with salt and turmeric powder.
4. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan and fry the fish pieces till they turn golden brown.
5. Once done, transfer the pieces to a plate and keep it aside.
6. In the same pan, add another tablespoon of oil and add the black cumin seeds. Allow it to splutter.
7. Add the mustard paste, salt and turmeric powder. Cook for about 4-5 minutes.
8. Then, add water and the fish pieces. Mix well.
9. Allow the gravy to boil for about 2-3 minutes and then turn off the flame.
10. Pour one teaspoon of mustard oil over the fish and garnish with green chilli and coriander leaves.
Pomfret in mustard sauce is ready to be served. It is a perfect fish recipe to go with steamed rice.
Pomfret fish in mustard sauce is a highly nutritious recipe to try. It contains about 15 percent of fat and is rich in protein content. It contains zero percentage of cholesterol and hence, it is good for heart patients as well.
You may prepare the recipe in normal vegetable or olive oil to make it all the more nutritious.
Since pomfret is a sea fish, it is salty. Adjust the salt according to it.