- Sports Premier League Wrap: Van Dijk and Salah send leaders 16 points clear; Burnley beat Leicester
- Movies Mohanlal's Ram: Prachi Tehlan's Character Is Revealed!
- News SC to hear Special Leave Petition filed by Nirbhaya's killer Pawan Kumar Gupta on Monday
- Technology Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone Vs Airtel: Best Prepaid Plans Under Rs. 450
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
How about some seafood over the weekend? Let us try out a unique fish recipe with salmon. Salmon is a quite popular fish and the health benefits of this fish are numerous. Salmon is great for eye sight, muscles, heart, skin and hair. So, cooking up salmon for the weekend sounds like good idea.
Here is a simple and delicious fish recipe for you to try. It is called pan fried salmon in coconut oil. This recipe is quite easy to prepare and does not take up much time. The fish is first marinated and then pan fried to make it taste extremely lip-smacking. Make sure you fry it in coconut oil to relish its original flavour.
Check out this recipe of pan fried salmon in coconut oil and give it a try.
Salmon- 2 large steaks
- Ginger-Garlic paste- 2tsp
- Chilly powder- 2tsp
- Ground pepper- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Garam Masala- 1tsp
- Ground Cumin- ½ tsp
- Lemon juice- 1½ tbsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
For Pan frying
- Coconut Oil- 3-4tbsp
- Pandan leaves, chopped- 2 handful
- Curry leaves- 3 sprigs
- Marinate the salmon steaks with the above mentioned "for marination ingredients" and keep aside for 30 minutes or longer the better.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium heat, add coconut oil.
- Add pandan leaves and curry leaves to the oil.
- Place the salmon over the oil and cook till the bottom side turn light golden in color.
- Gently flip it over and let the other side cook till golden in color too.
- Flip again and cook till both sides get browned.
- If there is not much oil, add little more to prevent the fish from sticking to the pan.
- Transfer to a paper towel, let it absorb the oil.
- Serve in a plate topped with the fried pandan and curry leaves over it.
- This goes really really well with tapioca in ground coconut.
- Please try to use coconut oil for better taste, however you could use olive oil or vegetable oil too.
- Add curry leaves and pandan leaves for a nice aroma.