- News Army jawan commits suicide with his service rifle in J&K
- Finance SBI Slashes Recurring Deposit Rate
- Technology Microsoft India Announces Discount For Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Live Gold Price Subscription
- Sports Hit by Cummins, Shikhar Dhawan could be available for series-decider in Bengaluru
- Movies Game Of Thrones Spin Off 'House of The Dragon' To Air In 2022
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Meen Moilee or fish Moilee is a famous fish curry from the coasts of Kerala. The word Meen means fish and Moilee is the stew. The fish is cooked in a coconut milk stew with very little spices so that the flavour of the fish dominates the dish.
For preparing Meen Moilee it is preferable that you use a fleshy fish like Sole or Pomfret or Kingfish. This mild flavoured fish curry is a delightful treat for all the fish lovers. This lovely fish curry tastes absolutely divine and it is a must try if you love to eat fish.
So, take a look at the recipe of Meen Moilee and give it a try.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Fish- 4 fillets
- Onion- 1 (medium sized, sliced)
- Green chilles- 2 (slit)
- Ginger-garlic paste- 2tsp
- Pepper powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Coconut milk- 1 cup
- Curry leaves- 10
- Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Lemon juice- 1tbsp
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (chopped)
1. Marinate the fish fillets with lemon juice, salt and one teaspoon ginger-garlic paste for 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and fry for a minute.
3. Then add the sliced onion and saute for 3-4 minutes till they turn golden brown.
4. Add ginger garlic paste, green chillies, turmeric powder, salt, coconut milk and stir.
5. Now add the fish and let it cook in the curry for about 7-8 minutes on low flame.
6. Add a little water and cover the pan with a lid.
7. Once done, remove the lid, switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Meen Moilee is ready to be served. Enjoy this delicious fish curry with appam.