- Sports India Vs Australia, 3rd ODI, Live Score: Kohli & Co, Finch and band look for series win in Bengaluru
- News Anti-CAA: Blankets of protesting women snatched by police near Clock Tower in Lucknow
- Technology Indian IT Ministry Issues Social Media Guidelines For Account Identity Verification
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 7 Box Office Collection: The Film Crosses 100 Crore In Just One Week!
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Lasooni Jhinga is a dish you may have come across in menus of Indian restaurants. The thought of grilled garlic prawns would make any seafood lover salivate. But we would never dare to try such an exotic sounding dish at home because we assume it to be difficult. However, you will be surprised to know that lasooni jhinga recipe is very easy. You can make lasooni jhinga with very few ingredients and in very little time.
Making grilled garlic prawns will become easier if you plan ahead. This Indian prawn recipe needs a minimum of 2 hours for marinating. The entire taste of the dish depends on how well you marinate it. So, do not compromise on the marinating time when you are making grilled garlic prawns. The recipe for lasooni jhinga is otherwise very easy. All the ingredients required will be easily found in any average Indian kitchen.
Preparation Time: 2 Hours
Cooking Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- Medium sized prawns- 12 (shelled and de-veined)
- Garlic- 30 cloves (crushed)
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- Curd- 1 cup
- Garam masala- 1tbsp
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Pepper powder- 1tsp
- Coriander leaves- 2 stalks (chopped)
- Ajwain- 1 pinch
- Butter- 1tbsp (melted)
- Salt- as per taste
- Marinate the prawns with lemon juice, a little salt and half of the crushed garlic.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Mix the rest of the garlic crush with the curd.
- Add red chilli powder, garam masala, pepper and ajwain to the curd. Also, add some salt to it.
- Mix all the ingredients properly.
- Remove the prawns from the refrigerator and coat then with the curd marinade.
- Leave the prawns aside for another 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Stick the marinated prawns in the skewers and drizzle melted butter on them.
- Grill the prawns for 10 to 15 minutes on 60 percent power.
- You can garnish the lasooni jhinga with fresh coriander leaves and serve it with mint chutney.