- 2 hrs ago Christmas 2022: How To Prepare Kulkuls (Sweet Curls) Recipe
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 06 December 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 17 hrs ago How To Prepare A Delectable And Rich Mughlai Shahi Paneer Recipe
- 17 hrs ago Why Is Lord Rama Known As Maryada Purushottam? 16 Reasons
- News RS MPs told to work diligently for the common good
- Movies Thangalaan Shooting Spot Video Goes Viral: Chiyaan Vikram, Pa Ranjith And Movie Crew Take Bath At Hogenakkal!
- Sports SA20 will create domestic heroes, says former England captain Eoin Morgan
- Technology Elon Musk Fears Assassination Attempts: Are "Twitter Files" Or Free Speech The Reason?
- Finance Gautam Adani Among 3 Indian Billionaires, On Forbes Asia Heroes Of Philanthropy List
- Education NBSAT Admit Card 2022 Out Soon & Exam is Scheduled on December 11. Check Direct Download Link & Steps to Down
- Automobiles Switzerland To Ban EVs – Here’s Why
- Travel Ever Seen an Entire Flight Booked for A Wedding? Here it is!
Gosht ka salan is basically a recipe that comes from the North-Western Frontier province that is now Pakistan. In India, this mutton curry is a part of the Mughlai cuisine. It is often rumoured that gosht ka salan was the favourite dish of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan.
So if an Indian mutton curry can entice the taste-buds of a regal emperor, then we really should not have much doubts about its taste. This mutton curry can thus be called a very royal recipe.
Gosht ka salan is not a very spicy recipe when compared to other Indian mutton recipes. This royal recipe from the bawarchi-khana of the Mughals can now be easily prepared in your own kitchen.
Take a look at the recipe of gosht ka salan and give it a try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 1/2 hours
All you need
- Mutton- 1kg (cut into medium sized pieces)
- Oil- 1/2 cup
- Onions- 2 (finely chopped)
- Garlic - 1tbsp (crushed)
- Ginger- 2tbsp (chopped)
- Tomatoes- 4 (chopped)
- Yogurt- 2 cups
- Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
- Red chilli powder- 1tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Shahi jeera (black cumin) powder- 1tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1tsp
- Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (chopped, for garnish)
1. Wash the mutton pieces properly with water.
2. Heat half a cup of water in a big pan and add the mutton pieces, onions, garlic, half of ginger, salt, tomatoes, turmeric powder and red chilli powder together. Mix well and keep the flame on high till it comes to a boil.
3. Once the ingredients of the pan start boiling, put a cover on the pan and reduce the flame to low. Allow the mutton to cook on low flame for an hour till it is completely cooked.
4. Once done, switch off the flame and keep the mutton aside.
5. Heat the oil in a pan and add the boiled mutton to it. Saute it for 10-12 minutes on medum flame.
6. Add green chillies and rest of the ginger to it and saute for 2-3 minutes.
7. Now add the yogurt and mix well.
8. Then add the shahi jeera powder and garam masala powder. Saute for 8-10 minutes on high flame.
9. Once the oil separates from the masala, switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Gosht ka salan is ready to be served. Enjoy this special mutton recipe with rice or parathas.
- recipesMutton Korma Recipe | How To Make Mutton Korma | Shahi Mutton Korma
- muttonDelicious Dahi Keema Recipe
- muttonAndhra Style Gongura Mutton Curry Recipe
- muttonDelectable Mutton Kadai Recipe
- muttonSpicy Mutton Kalia Recipe: The Taste Of Awadh
- muttonEid Mubarak: 10 Exotic Mutton Recipes To Celebrate Bakrid
- muttonBoneless Mutton Sukka: A Spicy Treat
- muttonEid-Ul-Fitr 2020: 10 Mutton Recipes For Your Excited Taste Buds
- muttonEid-Ul-Fitr 2020: 10 Hyderabadi Recipes That You Must Try Before You Die
- mutton10 Sumptuous Korma Recipes For Ramzan
- muttonRamzan Special: Tehsildari Qorma Recipe
- deep fried snacksKheema Pakora: Ramzan Snack Recipe