- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope 14 December 2019
- 10 hrs ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 10 hrs ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 11 hrs ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- Technology List Of Most Searched 'How To' Guides On Google In India In 2019
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Faced 3 To 4 Rejections From Aditya Chopra Before He Cracked Ishaqzaade Audition
- Sports Injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar may miss the ODI series against West Indies
- News Refineries shut, fuel crisis likely in Northeast if agitation continues
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Chicken salad recipes are usually healthy but they are also very bland. People who like to feel the zest of spices in their food (aka Indians) need a chicken salad recipe that is more fiery. The smoky chicken salad is perfect in this context. This healthy recipe has the hotness of peppers and also the flavour of smoked chicken.
The main feature of this chicken salad is the flavour and aroma of slightly burnt chicken. When you add plain boiled chicken to a salad recipe, it is healthy but not very delicious. But here, the boiled chicken is being coated with mild spices and then roasted on a pan. As no oil is added, smoky chicken salad is still a healthy recipe. In fact, this recipe is a treat for dieters.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Chicken (boneless)- 400 grams (cut into small pieces)
- Pepper powder- 1tbsp
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Paprika- 1/2tsp
- Lemon juice- 1tbsp
- Virgin olive oil- 1tbsp
- Sherry- 2tbsp
- Red bell pepper- 1 (cut into small pieces)
- Parsley- 1 cup (chopped)
- Mint leaves- 10 (chopped)
- Lettuce- 4 leaves
- Salt- to taste
- Boil the chicken with salt and pepper for the duration of 2 whistles in a pressure cooker.
- Meanwhile, arrange the chopped bell pepper and lettuce leaves on a salad plate.
- When the chicken is boiled, removed the pieces of boiled chicken and throw the stock. You can also store stock for later use.
- Mix paprika, cumin powder and salt with lemon juice. Dip the pieces of boiled chicken in this mixture.
- Heat a dry pan on maximum flame for 2 minutes. Now place the chicken pieces on the pan and roast for 2 minutes on each side.
- The chicken will develop a partially burnt flavour.
- Now place the smoked chicken on the salad plate. Add all the greens namely, parsley and mint from the top.
- Mix the left over lemon juice with olive oil and sherry. This will be your salad dressing.
- Drizzle the salad dressing on the salad and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
Your smoky chicken salad is ready to eat with a soup of your choice.