- 4 hrs ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- 6 hrs ago Daughter's Day 2019: 7 Ways How Liberal Upbringing Can Help Daughters To Become Strong Women
- 6 hrs ago Navratri 2019: Messages & Greetings To Send To Your Loved Ones
- 7 hrs ago Saif Ali Khan And Soha Ali Khan Inspire Us To Wear Understated Outfits This Durga Puja
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- News Rajeev Kumar's anticipatory bail plea rejected
- Automobiles KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Chicken salad recipes are usually healthy but they are also very bland. People who like to feel the zest of spices in their food (aka Indians) need a chicken salad recipe that is more fiery. The smoky chicken salad is perfect in this context. This healthy recipe has the hotness of peppers and also the flavour of smoked chicken.
The main feature of this chicken salad is the flavour and aroma of slightly burnt chicken. When you add plain boiled chicken to a salad recipe, it is healthy but not very delicious. But here, the boiled chicken is being coated with mild spices and then roasted on a pan. As no oil is added, smoky chicken salad is still a healthy recipe. In fact, this recipe is a treat for dieters.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Chicken (boneless)- 400 grams (cut into small pieces)
- Pepper powder- 1tbsp
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Paprika- 1/2tsp
- Lemon juice- 1tbsp
- Virgin olive oil- 1tbsp
- Sherry- 2tbsp
- Red bell pepper- 1 (cut into small pieces)
- Parsley- 1 cup (chopped)
- Mint leaves- 10 (chopped)
- Lettuce- 4 leaves
- Salt- to taste
- Boil the chicken with salt and pepper for the duration of 2 whistles in a pressure cooker.
- Meanwhile, arrange the chopped bell pepper and lettuce leaves on a salad plate.
- When the chicken is boiled, removed the pieces of boiled chicken and throw the stock. You can also store stock for later use.
- Mix paprika, cumin powder and salt with lemon juice. Dip the pieces of boiled chicken in this mixture.
- Heat a dry pan on maximum flame for 2 minutes. Now place the chicken pieces on the pan and roast for 2 minutes on each side.
- The chicken will develop a partially burnt flavour.
- Now place the smoked chicken on the salad plate. Add all the greens namely, parsley and mint from the top.
- Mix the left over lemon juice with olive oil and sherry. This will be your salad dressing.
- Drizzle the salad dressing on the salad and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
Your smoky chicken salad is ready to eat with a soup of your choice.