- 15 min ago How Does Alcohol Effect Your Skin And What Can You Do Counter The Damage
- 45 min ago Shilpa Shetty, Genelia Deshmukh And Kubbra Sait Raise Temperature With Their Fashionable Outfits
- 55 min ago Saraswati Puja 2020: 5 Different Offerings For Goddess Saraswati And Their Importance
- 1 hr ago Benefits Of Drinking Bottle Gourd Juice With Ginger Every Morning
- Technology Atari Announces Chain Of Hotels With Gaming Equipment
- News Explained: Who are the people working behind the scenes with Sitharaman for Budget 2020
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: ‘Will You Marry Me?’ Asim Riaz Asks Himanshi Khurana!
- Sports Ben Arfa signs short-term deal with Real Valladolid
- Automobiles Bajaj CT100 And Platina BS6 Models Launched In India At Rs 40,794: Specs & Features
- Finance India Post To Block Old ATM Cards From 1 Feb
- Travel 8 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Chicken salad recipes are usually healthy but they are also very bland. People who like to feel the zest of spices in their food (aka Indians) need a chicken salad recipe that is more fiery. The smoky chicken salad is perfect in this context. This healthy recipe has the hotness of peppers and also the flavour of smoked chicken.
The main feature of this chicken salad is the flavour and aroma of slightly burnt chicken. When you add plain boiled chicken to a salad recipe, it is healthy but not very delicious. But here, the boiled chicken is being coated with mild spices and then roasted on a pan. As no oil is added, smoky chicken salad is still a healthy recipe. In fact, this recipe is a treat for dieters.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Chicken (boneless)- 400 grams (cut into small pieces)
- Pepper powder- 1tbsp
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Paprika- 1/2tsp
- Lemon juice- 1tbsp
- Virgin olive oil- 1tbsp
- Sherry- 2tbsp
- Red bell pepper- 1 (cut into small pieces)
- Parsley- 1 cup (chopped)
- Mint leaves- 10 (chopped)
- Lettuce- 4 leaves
- Salt- to taste
- Boil the chicken with salt and pepper for the duration of 2 whistles in a pressure cooker.
- Meanwhile, arrange the chopped bell pepper and lettuce leaves on a salad plate.
- When the chicken is boiled, removed the pieces of boiled chicken and throw the stock. You can also store stock for later use.
- Mix paprika, cumin powder and salt with lemon juice. Dip the pieces of boiled chicken in this mixture.
- Heat a dry pan on maximum flame for 2 minutes. Now place the chicken pieces on the pan and roast for 2 minutes on each side.
- The chicken will develop a partially burnt flavour.
- Now place the smoked chicken on the salad plate. Add all the greens namely, parsley and mint from the top.
- Mix the left over lemon juice with olive oil and sherry. This will be your salad dressing.
- Drizzle the salad dressing on the salad and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
Your smoky chicken salad is ready to eat with a soup of your choice.