- 9 hrs ago Amazing Health Benefits Of Banana For Men: Good For Heart, Sexual Problems And Hair Growth
- 10 hrs ago Airport Fashion: Janhvi Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, And Other Actresses Show Us How To Look Comfortably Chic
- 13 hrs ago Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2021: Tahira Kashyap Khurrana Gives A Reminder Of Self-love
- 13 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Latest Look Is About Blending Sportswear With Traditional Couture
- News Centre in HC defends IT rule requiring WhatsApp to trace originator of message
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 October 22 Highlights: Junglewasis Enter The Main House After Losing Prize Money Worth Rs 25 Lakh
- Sports Jaismine, Basumatary ease into second round on Day 2 at 5th Elite Women's National Boxing Championships
- Technology Honor X30i Key Features Revealed Via New Leak; Launch Anticipated On October 25
- Finance This Small Cap Plastics Company Announces 2:1 Bonus Issue
- Automobiles Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- Education UPSC CDS II Admit Card 2021 Released At upsc.gov.in, Here’s How To Download Hall Tickets
- Travel Gujarat's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Bengali cuisine is known for its unique and subtle flavours. Posto or poppy seeds is one ingredient that Bengalis are extremely fond of. Posto can be cooked with a variety of items like potatoes, pointed gourds (potol), brinjal or even paneer and fish. This ingredient is not just used as a thickening agent. Rather it is used in as a spice in many Bengali recipes. It lends its subtle flavour to the food and makes it lip-smackingly delicious.
The recipe of posto chicken is quite simple. It does not even require a whole lot of ingredients. But posto chicken simply tastes heavenly. This recipe will definitely surprise your taste-buds and leave you wanting more of this special Bengali delight.
Here is the recipe for posto chicken. It is a must try for all chicken lovers.
Preparation time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Chicken- 1kg (cut into small pieces)
- Lime juice- 1tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste- 2tbsp
- Onion- 3 (finely chopped)
- Tomato- 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger- 1 inch piece
- Garlic- 3 cloves
- Green chillies- 4
- Posto (poppy seeds)- 4tbsp (soaked in water)
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1tsp
- Saunf (fennel) seeds- 1tsp
- Green cardamoms- 3
- Cinnamon- 1 inch stick
- Cloves- 4
- Salt- as per taste
- Mustard oil- 2tbsp
- Water- 2cups
- Green coriander- 2tbsp (chopped)
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces properly.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with lime juice, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder and 1tsp of mustard oil and keep aside for 2 hours.
- Make a paste of soaked posto or poppy seeds, ginger, garlic and green chillies in a mixer.
- After 2 hours, heat oil in a pan and add cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and fennel seeds to it. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Now add the onions and cook till they turn golden brown.
- Add the tomato and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now add the prepared paste of poppy seeds, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and saute for 5 minutes.
- Now add salt and water. Cover the pan and cook for around half an hour.
- Once done, switch off the flame and check if the chicken is cooked with a fork.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Your posto chicken is ready to be served. Serve it hot with steamed rice or chapatis.