- News All foreign investments must adhere to law of the land: Goyal on Amazon row
- Sports Pakistan all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez to retire after ICC T20 World Cup
- Technology AGR Row: SC Rejects Review Petition; Operators Might File Curative Petition
- Movies Major Fire Breaks Out On The Sets Of Shivarajkumar Starrer Bhajarangi 2
- Finance Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund Cuts Exposure To Vodafone Idea Papers
- Automobiles TVS Apache RR310 BS6 Is Expected To Launch On 25th Of January
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Chicken salad recipe is popular across the world. It is healthy and delicious too. This chicken in salad recipe will make you crave for more! When chicken salad is prepared in Indian style, then you just would not want to resist it. As we are used to spicy meals, we all love that tryst of spiciness in our salads too. Don't we? When you add some tandoori masala to this chicken salad recipe, it enhances the taste and makes it perfect for lunch, and fills your tummy too.
Kids are often hesitant on having vegetables, but they are fond of chicken. You can make the chicken salad colourful by adding more veggies to it! Pack this along with lunch for your kids, and you will see empty lunch boxes when they return home.
Different recipes have been tried and tested on chicken salads. Boldsky presents to you an exclusive and yummy treat for this afternoon. Read on to know how to make chicken salad.
Preparation time- 20 minutes
Cooking time- 5 minutes
All You Need
Chicken- 150 gms (boiled and chopped into fine pieces)
Carrot- 1 nos (sliced)
Onion- 1 nos (sliced)
Tomato- 1 nos (chopped)
Potato- ½ nos (boiled and chopped)
Lettuce leaves- 5-6
Mayonnaise- 1 tbsp
Salt- to taste
Garam masala- ¼ tbsp
Cumin powder- ¼ tbsp
Red chilli powder- ¼ tbsp
Fenugreek powder- a pinch
Turmeric powder- a pinch
1. Mix ingredients that come under masala with little water, and make it into a paste. Once they are mixed well, apply them on the chicken pieces. Keep it aside for 20 minutes.
2. In the meantime, take a bowl and add carrot, onion, tomato, potato and lettuce leaves. Mix them well.
3. Now, take a pan and heat it. Put the marinated chicken pieces and saute them for 2 minutes till you get an aroma of the spices.
4. Then, put these chicken pieces into the bowl. Now, add mayonnaise and salt to it. Stir the ingredients well.
Your chicken salad is all set to be relished. This is a wholesome meal in itself. You can feel good and healthy at the same time.
- Chicken is a good source of protein. It is an essential nutrient for the smooth functioning of your system.
- The benefits of vegetables on your diet require no special mention. Vegetables are a powerhouse of nutrients. Tomatoes are good in controlling the blood pressure levels, while potatoes are a rich source of carbohydrates. Onions are good for the heart. Carrots are rich in Vitamin C that are good for your eyes. These are just few benefits of eating this dish. Make sure you have vegetables to stay healthy and happy.
- In order to enhance the taste of this chicken salad recipe, you can add more vegetables to it that include green peas and beans.
- If you love the lemon flavour, sprinkle some lemon juice instead of mayonnaise. It is healthier too.