- 5 hrs ago Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- 8 hrs ago Tamil Actress Ramya Pandian Graces Cook With Comali Show In A Blue Khadi Linen Sari
- 8 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor And Rakul Preet Singh's Street-Style Looks Are Something To Look Forward To
- 8 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor And More
- Movies Lion Gold Awards 2020 Winners List: Shaheer, Hina, Jennifer, Shraddha, Dheeraj & Others Bag Awards
- News Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut awarded the 'Padma Shri'
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Technology Airtel Vs Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone: Best Prepaid Plans That Offers 3GB Data
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Automobiles TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Chicken curry recipes in India can be found in abundance. There is absolutely no dearth of ways to prepare chicken with the fragrant Indian spices at your disposal. Talking of spices, Hyderabadi recipes seem to rule the culinary world in terms of spicy dishes.
Today we have another culinary wonder from the Nizam's kitchen which is known as the chicken or murgh diwani handi. It is a chicken curry which is prepared traditionally in an earthen pot with mild spices and rich cashewnut gravy. The creamy texture and the excellent aroma of the chicken diwani handi make it a treat for your taste-buds.
You can cook chicken diwani handi in an earthen pot to get the perfect flavour. If you don't have an earthen pot then you can prepare it in a clay pot or metal pot. This Hyderabadi chicken recipe takes good amount of time to cook but the taste is definitely worth the time and effort you put into it.
Check out the recipe of chicken diwani handi and give it a try.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
All you need
- Chicken- 500 gms
- Cashew nuts- 20-25
- Onions- 2 (finely chopped)
- Tomato puree- 1/2 cup
- Garlic- 7-8 pods
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1tbsp
- Yogurt- 1tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 2tsp
- Coriander powder- 1tsp
- Nutmeg powder- a pinch
- Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri methi- 1tsp (crushed)
- Mint leaves- 1tsp (chopped)
- Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (chopped)
- Salt- as per taste
- Sugar- a pinch
- Bay leaf- 1
- Cloves- 2
- Cinnamon- 1 stick
- Mace/javitri- 2 strands
- Green cardamoms- 2
- Oil/Butter- 3tbsp
- Fresh cream- 2tbsp (for garnish)
- Warm water- as required
- An earthen pot
1. Wash and marinate the chicken pieces with salt, turmeric powder and yogurt for about 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile soak the cashews in warm water. After 15-20 minutes, grind the cashews with water in a mixer into a thick paste.
3. Heat oil/butter in a earthen pot and add bay leaf, mace, cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and allow it to splutter.
4. Then add the whole garlic pods and fry for a minute.
5. Add the chopped onions and saute for 3-4 minutes. Then add the ginger garlic paste and cook for 4-5 minutes.
6. Then add the chicken pieces and the cashew nut paste. Saute for 5-6 minutes.
7. Now add the tomato puree and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
8. Then add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, kasuri methi, salt, sugar and saute for another 3-4 minutes.
9. Cover and cook on low flame for about 7-8 minutes.
10. After that remove the lid and add the mint leaves, nutmeg powder and garam masala powder. Mix well and add about half a cup of warm water.
11. Cover the pot with a lid again and cook for 15-20 minutes on low flame.
12. Once done, switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves and fresh cream.
13. Keep it covered for 5 minutes and then serve.
Pic Courtesy: @anum_shahid1 (Twitter)
Chicken diwani handi from Hydearbad is ready to be served. Enjoy this royal dish with rotis or naans.