- 6 hrs ago 73% Population Of Odisha Has Developed Antibodies Against COVID: ICMR Survey
- 7 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Celebrates Spring Stylishly In The Fall; Posts A Cute Set Of Pictures With Randhir Kapoor
- 8 hrs ago Benefits Of Pomegranate For Babies: When To Introduce And Things To Remember
- 11 hrs ago Janhvi Kapoor And Ananya Panday Flaunt Green Outfits At The Global Citizen Live 2021 Event
- News UP relaxes Covid lockdown norms for functions at open spaces
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan: Gauri Says I Overact All The Time And I Do Not Even Look Good On Screen [Flashback]
- Sports IPL 2021: BCCI announce time change for October 8 doubleheader; to host both games at same time
- Automobiles eBikeGo To Install 1 lakh IoT Enabled Charging Stations In India
- Finance Crisil Upgrades Bharti Airtel's Long-Term Rating to AA+; Short-Term Rating Reaffirmed
- Technology Microsoft Xbox Series X|S Become First Set Of Consoles To Support Dolby Atmos And Dolby Vision
- Education JMI Entrance Exam Result 2021 Declared For All Courses, Check JMI Result Link
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In Karnataka in Winter
As you reach your late-30s, you enter into a completely different skincare ballgame. You might have been ardent skincare follower, but with your 40s coming up your skin changes drastically and rapidly. So, along with your health, it is important to pay attention to your skin as well. Because it's not just about preventing skin ageing, it's about ageing gracefully.
So, as you reach this pivotal moment of your life, these are the skincare milestones you must conquer to have the best skin even in your 40s.
1. Hydrate Obsessively
Hydration is the key to healthy skin. Moisturisation is a step that becomes even more important as you age. As you reach your 40s, your skin ages. The collagen and sebum production in your skin decreases and as a result, it starts to look dull and lifeless. Regular use of moisturiser adds life back to your skin and makes it soft and plump. So, make sure that a moisturiser is an inevitable part of your skincare routine.
Recommended Read: 5 Simple Skincare Rules That Will Ensure The Best Skin In Your 30s
2. Don’t Forget The Neck
While we pay all the attention to our face, the neck suffers. Your neck is one of the first places where skin ageing starts to show. With you turning 40, your neck needs attention more than ever. So, if you haven't already extended the goodness of your skincare products to your neck, it is high time you do that. From moisturisers to face masks, your neck needs all the nourishment it can get.
3. Always Be Sun-Protected
Sun damage is extreme in any age, but as you age it becomes even harsher. With you turning 40, your skin barrier isn't as strong as it was. So, the harsh rays can damage your skin more easily. With skin ageing being one of the major damages done by sun rays, it is time to pull up your socks and get sun-protected.
Apply a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 before stepping out in the sun. And if know you are going to be out in the sun for long, cover yourself with a scarf or hat for better sun protection.
Recommended Read: 5 Ways To Protect Your Skin From The Sun
4. Incorporate Serums In Your Routine
Now is the time to incorporate some anti-ageing products in your routine(if you haven't already!). As your skin ages, it starts to lose its elasticity. The collagen production in the skin decreases and as a result, it starts to sag. Your skin can do with some help. A serum is a concentrated formula that targets specific skin issues such as skin ageing while adding a boost of hydration to your skin. As you turn 40, introduce serums in your skincare routine. It will add glow and elasticity to your skin.
5. Sleep Well
Beauty sleep is a real thing, peeps! Yep, that's right. Your skin repairs itself while you sleep. And while your skin is young, it can handle a few rough nights. But, as it ages, your skin needs the proper time to repair itself. So, 6-8 hours of sleep is a habit you must develop as you reach your 40s. With that, you also need to incorporate other healthier habits such as reducing the screen time and keeping your phone aside at least an hour before your bedtime. Trust us, these habits will help you get a more relaxing sleep.
6. Eat Healthily
Your diet is reflected immensely in the appearance of your skin. To cut it short, healthy diet equals healthy and youthful-looking skin. If you want your skin to look amazing even in your 40s, eat mindfully and healthily. Cut back on oily and high-sugar foods. Incorporate antioxidant-rich foods and lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
7. Consult A Dermatologist
In your 40s, it is important to have an expert opinion for the rapid changes happening in your skin. If you have suffered from any skin disorder or you have been constantly struggling with dull and lifeless skin, it is time to consult a dermatologist. As you are turning 40, you might need a stronger skincare routine that contains medically-approved and stronger ingredients. Your store-bought products won't help you here. So, it is better to leave it to the professional.