- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope, 06 July 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 12 hrs ago Amazon Monsoon Sale: Save Up To 62% On Smart Watches & Wrist Watches For Both Men And Women
- 14 hrs ago Can A Person Live With Dextrocardia? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments For This Rare Congenital Condition
- 15 hrs ago How To Care For Plants During The Monsoon Season: Here Are 5 Tips
- Finance Gold Price Slips Below $1800 As Global Commodities Take A Knock: Check India Rates
- Sports LPL 2022 Draft: Full list of Players Signed, Retained & Released Players List, Full Squads of all Teams
- Technology List Of Best Smartwatches With Calling Features To Buy In India
- News Kaali row: Canadian museum "deeply regrets" offence caused to Hindus
- Automobiles Honda Updates Offers For July 2022: Benefits Up To Rs 27,396
- Movies Chhavi Mittal Claps Back At Troll Who Said She's Trying To Gain Sympathy: I Didn’t Choose Cancer, It Chose Me
- Education Telangana Police SCT SI PC Exam 2022 Dates Announced, Check TSLPRB SCT SI PC Exam Date And Time Details
- Travel Skeleton Coast: The Most Dangerous Coastline In The World
Sun does amazing things for us. It provides warmth, relaxes us and is a great source of vitamin D that is great for our health. But, with all the benefits of the sun, there are also some harms, especially for the skin.
Sun damage is one of the worst damages for the skin. The harmful UV rays of the sun damage the skin and can lead to extreme sunburn. Prolonged exposure to the sun rays causes photodamage overtime. Your skin starts to lose its elasticity, causing fine lines, wrinkles, age spots and many other issues. In fact, the sun is the major reason behind the premature ageing of the skin.
Needless to say, it is important to protect your skin from the sun. Fortunately, it is really easy to do that. Here are 5 ways you can use to protect your skin from the sun. Take a look!
1. Avoid Stepping Out In The Afternoon Sun
The sun is at its peak in the afternoon hours i.e. between 11 am to 4 pm. This is also the time when the sun rays are the strongest. Try not to step out into the sun during these peak hours as your skin will endure the most damage during these hours. If you must step out during this time, make sure you have taken all the necessary precautions and covered your skin for utmost protection.
Recommended Read: Do You Need To Wear Sunscreen While You Are At Home?
2. Don’t Skip Sunscreen
We don't take sunscreen seriously. When it comes to protecting your skin from the sun, sunscreen is your ultimate warrior. If you want to keep your skin happy, youthful and healthy, don't step out without applying sunscreen.
SPF is an important factor when buying sunscreen. For maximum protection, always get a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. Sunscreen is the last step of your make-up routine, so make sure you apply it generously.
3. Reapply Sunscreen
Did you know that sunscreen doesn't last all day? Yep, you read that right. Even generously applied, the sunscreen will last you anywhere between 2-3 hours. So, to keep up the protection, you need to reapply the sunscreen every 2-3 hours. This might seem like a task, but with sunscreen on, your skin will be well-protected.
4. Opt For Long Sleeve Clothes
If you are going out in the sun and you know that you are going to be outside for a while, if possible, wear clothes with long sleeves. Full sleeve clothes provide you with better protection from the sun by limiting the exposure area. Also, dark clothing with tightly woven fabric is much more efficient at blocking the sun rays than light-hued clothing with loosely woven fabric. So, plan your outfits better to get maximum sun protection.
5. Wear Hat
Photoageing is one of the major damages done by the harmful rays of the sun. Exposure to the sun for a long leads to fine And nobody wants premature skin ageing. So, it is important that you protect your face from the sun. Of course, the sunscreen will do its job, but extra protection won't harm anybody. A hat or a cap is a perfect way to do that. It protects your face from the harsh sun rays and also makes a style statement. It's a win-win situation. What more could you want!
- skin careDo You Need To Wear Sunscreen While You Are At Home?
- skin careThe 5 Major Reasons That You Have Large Pores
- hair careNatural Ways To Treat Sun Damaged Hair
- body care6 Super Foods That Fight SunBurn
- skin careSun Care Tips For Rainy Season
- offer of the dayBio-Oil, Plum, Minimalist And More On Sale: Grab Your Favourite Skin Care Item Today!
- offer of the dayAmazon Sale: Serums, Sunscreens, And Other Face Care Beauty Products With Up To 40% Discount
- skin careHoli 2022: Skin And Hair Care Tips To Protect Them From Damage On This Festival Of Colours
- skin carePat Or Rub: Which Is The Best Way To Apply Your Skincare Products?
- skin careThe Sunscreen Dilemma: Do People With Dark Skin Need Sunscreen?
- skin careHow To Reapply Sunscreen Without Destroying Your Make-up
- skin care6 Side Effects Of Sunscreen You Should Know About Along With Tips To Combat Them