- Sports IPL 2022: Surrey Coach Vikram Solanki leaves county club to join Ahmedabad team as Director of Cricket
- Automobiles Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Movies RRR Release Update: Makers Announce Two Dates; Film Might Clash With Bachchan Pandey This Holi
- Education RSMSSB Admit Card 2022 Released For Fireman, AFO Exam At rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in, Download Here
- News 33 people test Covid-19 positive at SAI Bengaluru, 16 of them hockey players
- Finance These 5 Things We Could Expect From The Upcoming Budget 2022
- Technology Intel Is Building World's Largest Chip Manufacturing Plant In Ohio, USA: Will Be Operational By 2025
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In Winter Of 2022
Acne is a skin condition that most of us face at least once in our lifetime. This dreaded condition is a stuff of nightmares. There is nothing worst than waking up with a pimple on our face. An overnight pimple can give us the fright of a full-blown acne attack. If you feel the same, you are not alone.
Sudden acne bursts are not uncommon, especially among teenagers. Hormonal changes, overexposure to the sun, change in diet, stress, overproduction of sebum, smoking, and excess consumption of alcohol- all of these cause sudden acne breakouts. And we are often not equipped to handle these sudden acne attack.
Worry not! We have compiled the roadmap for you as to what you should and shouldn't do to deal with sudden acne breakouts. Here we go!
Do Not Touch Your Face
The first rule in the rulebook of dealing with acne is to stay away from your face. Constantly touching the face can transfer the bacteria from your hands to the face, making the condition worse. Touching the face frequently can also put your sebaceous glands into overdrive leading to excess oil production, which is really bad for your acne. So, wash your face in the morning with an antibacterial cleanser, and then leave your face alone.
Also, while we are on the subject, do not even think of popping the zits. It not only makes the acne worse but also leaves acne scars. Your acne is best healed on its own.
Watch Your Diet
One of the major reasons for sudden acne can be changed in your diet recently aka you switching on to an unhealthy diet. By unhealthy diet, we mean junk food, oily food, fried food and high sugar food. These foods can trigger your acne, We suggest you watch your diet and include healthy foods rich in antioxidants such as green vegetables, nuts, and fruits in your diet.
Acne outbursts are usually followed with inflamed and irritated pus-filled zits. A simple remedy for calming the inflamed zits is ice cubes. Wrap a few ice cubes in a washcloth and rub it gently over your zits until the area becomes numb. Repeat this remedy few times every day till the acne starts to subside.
For the acne that is largely painful, we suggest you do the spot treatment using tea treee oil. Tree tree oil is a strong antibacterial agent that is amazing to deep cleanse the skin and get rid of acne. Add 4-5 drops of tea tree oil with 12 drops of coconut oil or almond oil and dot it over the stubborn zits. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and wash it off later. Using this spot treatment every day is really helpful for clearing the acne.
Stop Layering On Make-up
Make-up is considered as the best way to hide the nasty ance breakouts. While this is true, make-up also plays a hige role in making the condition worse. Wearing heavy make-up while you are suffering from acne will end up blocking the skin pores and fueling the acne. Go bare face for the time your skin takes to heal from the acne outburst. If you have to absolutely wear make-up for office or any event, go minimal.
Stop Treatments Like Bleaching
While bleaching the skin is a normal skin treatment too brighten the skin, doing it while you are suffering from acne breakouts is not the brightest of the ideas. Same goes for waxing the face. The process of bleaching contains active ingredients that can irritate the skin and worsen the acne. Putting hot wax on the face and pulling it out is also not a ideal treatment for irritated skin. We suggest you give these skin treatments a rest.
Go Easy On The Hair Products
If you are suffering from acne attacks, it is important to pay attention to what hair products you are using. The conditioner, shampoos, serums, and hair sprays we use also come in contact with our skin, especially the forehead. These often can be the major reason for the sudden acne outbursts which we usually don't pay much attention to. If the problem area for you has been the forehead, it is highly possible that your hair products are the reason. So, while you are suffering from the acne, dare to go easy on your hair products.
- skin care8 Effects Of Stress On Your Skin And Hair
- skin careTurmeric And Garlic Homemade Face Masks For Fighting Acne: Which One Would You Choose?
- babyWhat Is Toddler Acne? Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatments
- disorders cureWhat Happens If Testosterone Is High In Women? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments Of Hyperandrogenemia
- beautyExclusive: Expert Cosmetologist Explains Everything About Acne
- skin careTreat Acne On Jawline With These Tips
- skin care9 Genius Overnight DIY Remedies For Acne
- skin care8 Amazing Fruit Face Packs For Acne
- skin care11 Best Homemade Face Masks For Acne
- body careAll The Ways You Can Use Honey To Amp Up Your Beauty Quotient
- skin careSuffering From Teenage Acne? Use These Home Remedies For Instant Relief
- body care4 Plants That Have Amazing Beauty Benefits; And How To Use Them