- 9 hrs ago Father’s Day 2021: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day
- 10 hrs ago Milkha Singh Passes Away At 91: Some Facts About The Renowned Athlete
- 13 hrs ago Hina Khan Shows How To Ace Warm And Dewy Makeup Look But Her Cute Half Updo Hairstyle Will Win You Over!
- 18 hrs ago Shilpa Shetty Kundra Is Style And Elegance Personified In Her White Organza Saree With Printed Fancy Blouse
- Technology Fathers Day 2021 Gift Ideas Best Truly Wireless Headsets Under Rs. 5,000
- Sports Euro 2020: Portugal 2-4 Germany: Holders score two own goals in thumping defeat
- Movies The Gurmeet Choudhary Foundation Opens First Post COVID-19 Care Centre In Bihar
- News People will not tolerate self-centred politics: Uddhav Thackeray slams Congress leaders
- Education Telangana Schools And Colleges To Reopen From July 1, Check Latest Updates
- Automobiles From Repairing Bicycles To Owning A BMW 5 Series & A Jaguar XJ L — Inspiring Story Of Rahul Taneja
- Finance HDFC Bank To Buy Stake Worth Over Rs 1,906 Crore In Group's General Insurer From Parent HDFC
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Washing the face twice a day, exfoliating twice a week, sun protection on and gulping litres of water- we've pretty much nailed the skincare routine to get clear skin. So, why is it that we are still not getting the skin of our dreams? Well, that's because your skin doesn't solely depend on what products you put on it.
While you might have the best skincare routine and use the best luxury products, your unhealthy and skin-damaging lifestyle habits destroy all the good that you do for your skin. With bad lifestyle habits, your skin does not get to soak in the goodness of the products and treatments that you use. That doesn't seem fair, right? So, let's change that.
Recommended Read: How To Do Facial Massage For Glowing Skin
Read on to know the lifestyle changes you need to make right now to get clear and beautiful skin. Here we go!
Ditch The Unhealthy Diet
Your diet affects your skin appearance way more than you realise. Oily foods and high-sugar foods trigger excessive oil production in the skin. Excess oil produce attracts more dirt and grime while also blocking your skin pores. This invites skin issues such as acne and breakouts. Food high in caffeine and carbs also damages the skin.
So, monitor your diet and switch to healthy options. Foods rich in antioxidants and vitamins can do a lot for your skin.
Exercising and being active does not only help your stay fit but also improves your skin appearance. When you exercise, your heart rate goes up and your blood circular improves. This helps to boost collagen production which makes your skin clear and youthful. Exercising also helps deliver the oxygen and nutrients to your skin better which makes your skin healthy and glowing.
A simple 30-minute workout or walk, running or yoga can help you get the best skin of your life. So, you better sweat it out!
Recommended Read: Holy Grail Skin Care Tips For Everyone Turning 30
Clean After Yourself
Bacteria is a big no-no for clear skin. But, we often don't realise that we are only exposing our skin to harmful bacteria through dirty hands and mobile phones. Clean up after yourself and change your bedding regularly. Make sure that your hands, clothes, mobile and pretty much everything that comes in contact with your skin is clean.
Stress is one of the major triggers for breakouts It makes your hormones go haywire and thus gives you acne and breakouts. And what do acne and breakouts do? Yeah, give you more stress. Put an end to this by doing a de-stressing activity 15-20 minutes a day. You can meditate, do yoga or any form of art to de-stress yourself and your skin.
Quit Smoking And Drinking
Smoking and drinking are legit two of the worst things that you can do to your skin. Excessive smoking and consumption of alcohol makes your skin extremely dry and thus invites all kinds of skin issues- acne, dry skin, itchy skin, blemishes etc.
So, if you want clear skin, you need to quit smoking and drinking right now before your skin gets to a point of no return.