- 1 hr ago Rashmika Mandanna Is Grace Personified In A Saree, Check Out Latest Pictures!
- 6 hrs ago Retrograde Saturn Transit In Capricorn On 12 July 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 29 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 13 hrs ago Roe v. Wade Overturned: Why Is It Significant; Indian Laws On Abortion
- Technology Nokia G11 Plus With 50MP Dual Cameras, Unisoc T606 SoC Goes Official; India Launch Soon
- Movies Karan Malhotra Is Overwhelmed By Response To Shamshera Trailer; 'The Trailer Is Just The Tip Of The Iceberg'
- Education HPBOSE Term 2 10th Result 2022: Steps To Download HPBOSE Class 10 Term 2 Scorecard On hpbose.org
- News Resorting to resorts: How resort politics has unfolded in India
- Automobiles Ather Energy May Soon Launch The Long-Range Version Of 450X Electric Scooter
- Finance Nifty Trading Lower By 0.55%, Sensex Falls By 0.59%: See 52-Week High Stocks
- Sports Thiago Silva urges 'super friend' Neymar to join him at Chelsea amid PSG exit talk
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
When you have oily skin, you have to think twice before investing in skincare products. Most moisturisers, sunscreen lotions available in the market are generally not oily skin-friendly, causing the skin to breakout when applied. But that doesn't mean that people with oily skin are left high and dry by skin-care companies, you just have to be a bit extra careful when buying them.
From creams, lotions to oils, the products to manage oily skin are many. Today, we will look at the best and effective essential oils for oily skin.
An overactive oil gland results in oily skin, and over-cleansing may make it oilier. By removing all the natural oils from your skin, your skin will become overly moisturised. Therefore, do not wash your face more often than twice daily.
Common causes of oily skin include :
- Certain medications
- Excessive use of skincare products
- Using the incorrect skincare products
- Using excessive amounts of skincare tools
- Hormonal imbalance
- Excessive consumption of dairy products
Essential Oils For Oily Skin
1. Geranium Oil
Geranium essential oil is extracted from the stems and leaves of the Pelargonium plant, Pelargonium odorantissimum. As an effective astringent, geranium oil also prevents the skin from sagging. As an oil that balances the production of sebum in the skin, it is beneficial for individuals with oily skin .
2. Grape Seed Oil
Grape seed oil is extracted from grape seeds. Vitamin E and essential fatty acids make grape seed oil a highly desirable oil for oily skin types. Antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds in this oil make it suitable for oily skin types. In addition to its astringent properties, this oil helps to tighten the skin and shrink the pores, which prevents clogging and acne development .
3. Fennel Seed Oil
If your skin isn't excessively oily but is on the oily side, fennel oil promises to balance out the natural oils produced by your skin without drying it out. Besides acting as a toner, it tightens pores and increases circulation below the skin (essential for healthy, regenerative skin) .
4. Neroli Oil
The oil of neroli is obtained from the flowers of the citrus Aurantium. This oil is a potent toner and skin cleanser. The oil exhibits antiseptic properties that balance oil production and reduce pore size without drying out the skin. Consequently, neroli oil is a perfect solution for oily skin types .
5. Lime Oil
Lime oil is derived from Citrus aurantifolia. As an effective astringent, lime oil helps to eliminate excess oil from the skin. This is particularly useful for people with oily skin.
6. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil regulates and reduces the production of oils on your skin, making it feel clean and fresh to the touch. Further, it provides antibacterial and antifungal properties that are beneficial to the skin .
7. Rosemary Oil
The benefits of rosemary oil make it one of the most popular essential oils. The oil is obtained from the fresh flowering tops of a shrubby evergreen bush, Rosmarinus officinalis. The oil exhibits astringent properties and can also be used to treat sagging skin. A regular massage with rosemary oil helps to tone the skin and prevent acne due to its extensive antiseptic and astringent properties. By balancing the oil content of the skin, also gives the skin a healthy glow .
8. Lavender Oil
Lavandula angustifolia, or Lavandula officinalis, is the plant that produces lavender essential oil. The antiseptic properties of lavender make it useful in treating acne and controlling excess oil production .
On A Final Note...
If your skin is oily, your sebaceous glands are overactive, causing excessive oil production. Oily skin is often aggravated by factors such as humidity, heat, and hormones. The essential oils mentioned in this article may help control excess oil production.
- disorders cureExpert Article: Perioral Dermatitis: Nagging Red Rash On The Face
- skin careTwo-In-One: 7 Quick, Single-Ingredient Masks For Your Hair And Skin
- wellnessBusting Myths About How Food Affects Skin: Myth 6 May Surprise You!
- skin careHoli 2022: How To Remove Holi Colour From Face, Nails, Hands And Hair
- make up tips17 Simple Tips To Make Makeup Last On Oily Skin
- skin careHow To Improve Firmness Of Your Skin As You Age: 10-Point Guide For Everyone Over 35
- skin careHow To Smell Good All Day, Every Day (With And Without Perfume)
- skin careHave Oily Skin And Can’t Figure Out A Skincare Routine? Here Are Some Tips!
- skin careSimple DIY Charcoal Face Mask For Oily, Dry And Acne-Prone Skin
- skin careWalnut Oil Benefits And How You Can Use It To Get Glowing, Healthy Skin
- skin careIs Taking A Hot Water Shower Daily Good For Your Skin? 7 Reasons It May Not Be A Good Idea
- skin care11 Flower Waters For Healthy, Glowing Skin: No, We Are Not Talking About Rosewater