- 43 min ago What Are Leptin And Ghrelin And How Do They Affect The Body Weight?
- 1 hr ago Vikrant Rona Actress Jacqueline Fernandez Goes Retro In Co-ord Set! PICS
- 1 hr ago What Is Short Bowel Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Complications And Treatments
- 5 hrs ago South Africa In New Surge Of COVID-19 From Versions Of Omicron
- Movies Adivi Sesh Celebrates The Trailer Launch Of His Film Major In Hyderabad With 10,000 College Students
- Sports IPL Playoffs Stats & Record: Most Wins in Playoffs, Most Runs, Most Centuries, Most Wickets, Most Sixes & More
- Technology iQOO Neo 6 Indian Variant Specs Revealed; How Is It Different From Chinese Counterpart?
- Finance Stock To Buy: Agrochemicals Stock That Can Gain 30% On Higher Prices & Expansion
- Automobiles BGauss D15 Launched In India - Prices Start At Rs 99,999
- News IMD withdraws red alert as rain subsides; Orange Alert issued in 5 districts of Kerala
- Travel 10 Wonderful Destinations In Madhya Pradesh You Must Visit
- Education Goa Board SSC, HSSC Result 2022 Declared At gbshse.info, Download GBSHSE Term 1 Exam Result Here
There's no longer a stigma attached to stress; it's just part of life. However, stress can take a toll on your mental and physical health. It's easy to dismiss stress as a minor issue. 'It's just stress,' we say. But did you know the symptoms can show on your face too?
Dryness, wrinkles, and acne are just a few ways it shows up. Read ahead to know how stress can affect your face.
Effects Of Stress On Your Face And Hair
1. Acne: You produce more cortisol when you're stressed. The hypothalamus produces CRH (corticotrophin-releasing hormone) in response to cortisol. CRH stimulates the oil production of sebaceous glands around the hair follicles. And this oil production by these glands can clog pores and cause acne.
2. Under-eye bags: The appearance of bags under the eyes is characterized by swelling or puffiness under the eyelids. With age, they become more common as the muscles supporting the eyes weaken. In addition, as a result of sleep deprivation (a common symptom of stress), fine lines, reduced elasticity, and uneven pigmentation are caused by stress.
3. Wrinkles: Stress causes the proteins in your skin to change and reduces their elasticity. Loss of elasticity can result in the appearance of wrinkles.
4. Rashes: Stress can weaken your immune system. A weakened immune system can result in dysbiosis, an imbalance of bacteria in your gut and skin. Whenever this imbalance occurs on your skin, it can cause redness or a rash.
5. Dry skin: In the outer layer of your skin, some proteins and lipids play a critical role in keeping your skin cells hydrated. They also serve as a barrier to protect the skin underneath. If the outer layer is not functioning correctly (as a result of stress), your skin becomes dry and itchy.
6. Face flushing: Your breathing habits may change as a result of stress. These changes may cause your face to flush temporarily.
7. Sore lips: Stress often leads to chewing on the inside of the mouth or the lips, resulting in sore lips.
8. Greying hair and hair loss: It is a known fact that stress can make your hair go grey. Only recently have scientists discovered the reason for this. The pigment melanin is produced by cells called melanocytes and is responsible for giving your hair its colour. Stress can disrupt this production and also your hair's growth cycle, causing a condition called telogen effluvium, which causes an excessive amount of hair to fall out.
Tips To Manage Stress
- Laugh it off because laughter releases endorphins that improve mood and decrease levels of the stress-causing hormones cortisol and adrenaline.
- Try aromatherapy by lighting some scented candles.
- Sip on some warm water.
- Spend time with your four-legged (fur) babies.
- Try massage therapy.
- Reduce caffeine intake.
- Write your emotions and feelings down.
- Chew gum.
- Spend time with your loved ones.
- Cuddling, kissing and hugging are quick stress relievers; studies say so.
- Try deep breathing.
- wellnessStressed? Here Are 6 Indian Fragrances To De-stress
- disorders cureWhat Is Broken Heart Syndrome (Stress Cardiomyopathy)? Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- wellnessBangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata Named Among 'Most Stressed Cities In The World': Here's Why
- beyond loveStress Harms Relationships: How You Can Reduce It During Holidays And Beyond
- diabetesWorld Diabetes Day 2021: Effective Ways To Manage Diabetes During The Winter Season
- wellness11 Possible Reasons Why You Crave Spicy Foods
- postnatalFactors That Could Affect The Taste, Smell And Production Of Breast Milk
- wellness17 Foods That May Help Increase Oxytocin Levels Naturally
- wellnessHeadache 101: Everything You Need To Know From Causes, Symptoms To Home Remedies, Foods, Yoga Poses And More
- wellnessWhat is Empty-Nest Syndrome? Symptoms, Causes And How To Cope
- postnatalPostpartum Hair Loss: How To Deal With Hair Fall Post-Pregnancy
- wellnessAn Expert's Opinion On How To Release Academic Stress