- 9 hrs ago Sara Ali Khan’s Ethnic Kurta Sets Style Is What You Need For Indian Wear
- 10 hrs ago Rhea Chakraborty Looks Sizzling In Black Outfit! PICS
- 12 hrs ago Monthly Horoscope October 2022: Astrological Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 14 hrs ago Navratri 2022: 5 Ways To Detox After Navratri Celebrations
- Sports Legends League Cricket: Pathan brothers explode as Bhilwara Kings beat Gujarat Giants to qualify for playoffs
- News PM Modi ditches mic to address huge gathering in Rajasthan; here's why
- Finance Cryptocurrency Is Gaining In Trade, But At Slow Pace, Bitcoin Quoted At US$ 19,692
- Movies Richa Chadha And Ali Fazal Look Resplendent At Their Cocktail Party; See Pics
- Automobiles Jawa 42 Bobber Launched In India - Prices Start at Rs 2.06 Lakh
- Technology BSNL to Soon Launch 4G Services Pan India; Signs Deal With TCS
- Education Bihar NEET PG Counselling 2022: PGMAC Rank Card Released, Know How To Check
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
We all want to preserve our youthful skin for as long as we can. Sagging and wrinkled skin does not appeal to anyone. But as we age, we feel our skin changing in texture and appearance and that worries us. While you can not possibly prevent the process of ageing, you can prevent the premature ageing of your skin.
The most important thing to do is to follow a good skincare routine and indulge in products that are the best suited for your skin type. Eating healthy and nutritious food is a given. While you do all this, there are certain hacks that can make this ride to fight skin ageing easier and smoother. What are these hacks? Let's find out!
1. Follow The CTM Routine Religiously
Taking proper care of your skin is the best thing you can do to slow down the ageing process. If you are not already, start following the CTM (cleansing, toning and moisturising) process. Use gentle products that suit your skin type for the regime. And give your skin a few minutes between each step for it to absorb each product properly.
2. Don’t Dry Your Skin Completely
There are many times we have heard the advice to dry our skin completely after wash. Before applying any product, we wipe our skin completely dry. This is not needed. You can leave your skin be a little wet when you apply the product. This way you will be using less product and it will be absorbed into your skin in a better way.
3. Look For Retinoids In Your Anti-Ageing Products
Most of the anti-ageing creams are overhyped and make false promises. But retinoid is one ingredient that is proven to have a significant anti-ageing effect. So, whenever you purchase an anti-ageing product, make sure it has retinoids in it.
4. Wear Huge Sunglasses
Sun is one of the major reasons behind premature ageing of the skin. Studies have shown that overexposure to the harmful rays of the sun can cause skin ageing. To tackle that, always wear sunscreen and chunky sunglasses that can hide the majority of your face from sun exposure.
5. The Right Direction To Massage Your Skin Matters
Applying moisturiser, scrubs, face masks and anti-ageing products all require you to massage your face. If done in the wrong direction, massaging the skin can cause fine lines and wrinkles. The right direction to massage your face is the upward circular motion. Do not massage your face in the downward motion.
6. Pay Extra Attention To The Areas That Need It
There are certain areas of the face where signs of skin ageing, such as fine lines and wrinkles, are more prominent as compared to others. Your under eyes and neck are such area. For these areas, your regular skincare regime won’t work. Extra attention and efforts are needed. Use an enriching eye cream under your eyes and massage your neck with a hydrating body lotion.
7. Don’t Over-Use The Products
If you think using the product is more effective, think again. Using excess product can block your skin pores and cause skin issues including premature ageing of the skin. So, only so much product as necessary.
8. Try Some Home Remedies
Home remedies can work like a charm to give you youthful skin. Topical application of ingredients rich in vitamin C, omega 3 fatty acids and alpha hydroxy acids can improve the collagen production in the skin and tackle signs of skin ageing.
9. Say Hello To Citric Acid
Studies have shown that the antioxidant properties of citric acid are quite effective in the prevention of premature skin ageing. Additionally, it also improves collagen production in the skin to prevent wrinkle formation.
- parents and childrenEffective Ways To Make Your Home Safer For Ageing Family Members
- disorders cureCognitive Impairment From Severe Covid-19 Similar To 20 Years Of Ageing: Study
- skin careHow To Improve Firmness Of Your Skin As You Age: 10-Point Guide For Everyone Over 35
- wellnessExpert Article: Ageing Is Not The Only Cause For Arthritis Of The Joint; Read About The Other Causes
- wellness11 Evidence-Based Health Benefits Of Arjuna
- wellnessBarley Tea: Health Benefits, Side Effects And How To Prepare
- wellnessWhat Happens To Your Hands When You Age?
- skin careWorried About Skin Ageing? Try These Fabulous Homemade Anti-Ageing Packs To Get Youthful Skin
- skin careDIY Anti-Ageing Creams For Youthful Skin
- skin careSkin Fasting: What Is It And Does Your Skin Need It?
- body careWorld Tobacco Day 2019: Effects Of Smoking On Skin And Hair
- body careHow Alcohol Affects Your Beauty!