- 8 hrs ago Meet The Indian Baba Who Has Not Washed His Hair For 40 Years
- 1 day ago Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- 1 day ago Exclusive: Doctor Shares How Parents Can Reduce Screen Time For Kids to Counter Myopia Risk
- 1 day ago Kalki Koechlin Just Made This Monsoon A Little More Fun With Dreamy Blue Eye Make-up!
- News Knowing one's duty is good: Priyanka Gandhi's jibe at Adityanath's Sonbhadra visit
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 3 Opening Episode Live Updates: Contestants' List, Nagarjuna's Return To TV & More
- Technology Bluetooth Missing From Windows 10 Device Manager – Here’s The Fix
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Puneri Paltan Vs Haryana Steelers: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Automobiles Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Dry skin is something all of us face in common, irrespective of the gender. While we pay more attention to drynes of the face, we tend to ignore dry and rough hands and forget to treat them too.
Not taking a proper care will end up in you getting dry, rough and ugly-looking hands at a very young age.
There are several reasons that can affect the skin on our hands. These may be due to the climate, over exposure to the sun, exposure to harmful chemicals, excessive washing of the hands, humidity, etc.
However, this skin-related issue can be treated easily with some quick and natural home remedies. These home remedies will not only help in keeping your hands soft and supple, but also will not have any side effects in the future.
So, here are some home remedies that will help you in keeping your hands soft and healthy.
Oatmeal works well for dry and rough hands. It works as an exfoliator and thus makes the skin appear soft and healthy.
2 tbsp oatmeal powder
1 tsp honey
Few drops of lemon
Blend the oatmeal to make a powder. After the oatmeal is ground, add honey, water and a few drops of lemon to get the consistency of a paste. Apply this mixture and scrub it on your hands. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash it off in lukewarm water. You can follow this remedy once in a week.
Olive oil helps in moisturizing the skin and thus prevents dry skin. It also has anti-ageing properties.
You can use warm olive oil to massage your hands every day for 5 to 10 minutes to get soft and wrinkle-free hands.
You can also try the below remedy for the same.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp granulated sugar
Mix together 2 tbsp olive oil and granulated sugar in a bowl. Scrub this mixture on your hands in a circular motion for a few minutes. Let it stay for 5 minutes and then wash it off using lukewarm water. Apply a moisturizer after washing it off.
Honey contains antioxidants that help in keeping the skin moisturised and hydrated. Moreover, it also has anti-ageing benefits for the skin.
You can apply some raw honey all over your hands and leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes. You can repeat this remedy every day for faster and better results.
Alternatively, you can also try other remedies with honey.
Honey And Glycerin
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp glycerin
Mix together equal amounts of honey and glycerine. Apply this mixture on your hands. Wait for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Try this remedy every day for faster and better results.
Honey, Lemon And Olive Oil
2 tsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil
Few drops of lemon
Mix together olive oil, honey and lemon juice in a bowl. Apply this on your hands and gently massage. Let it dry and then wash it off in lukewarm water. Use this remedy twice or thrice in a week.
Coconut oil helps to treat dry skin on hands. Also, it helps in treating the damaged skin exposed under the sun.
Apply some virgin coconut oil and massage in a circular motion on your hands for 5 minutes. Do this every day before going to bed. This will definitely make your skin soft and supple.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera along with moisturising the skin helps in improving the skin tone.
Cut open a fresh aloe vera leaf. Take out the gel from it. Apply this fresh aloe vera gel on your hands and gently massage in a circular motion. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Later, wash it off in lukewarm water. You can use this remedy for 1-2 times every day.
Milk Cream (Malai)
The lactic acid contained in milk cream will help maintain the pH level of the skin. Hence, it will help you in getting rid of dry and rough skin on the hands.
2 tsp milk cream
2 tbsp gram flour
Mix together 2 tbsp gram flour and 2 tsp milk cream. Apply this paste on your hands and leave it on for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, wash it off using lukewarm water. Repeat this once in a week for faster and better results.