- 12 min ago Are You Pregnant? 15 Symptoms To Watch Out For
- 42 min ago This Bride Flaunting Her Self-Designed Lehenga Is The Best Thing You Will See On The Internet
- 1 hr ago Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal's Marriage Location Revealed And Here Are Designers They Can Consider
- 2 hrs ago 11 Signs Your Ex Is Pretending To Be Over You
- Movies Rangoli Chandel Insults Karan Johar As He Praises Kangana Ranaut & Extends An Olive Branch To Her
- News Cabinet approves raising abortion upper limit to 24 weeks; bill to be tabled in next Parl session
- Finance ICICI Bank Introduces ‘iBox' For Self-Service Delivery Of Debit, Credit Cards, Cheques
- Sports Premier Badminton League: Pune 7 Aces take on Chennai Superstarz
- Technology HyperX Fury Ultra Gaming Mouse Pad With 360-Degree RGB Lighting Launched In India
- Automobiles Renault Kwid BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.92 Lakh
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Toning is an essential part of the skin care routine. All of us must have definitely heard this term in our everyday beauty regime but a very few of us know how important this step is. Exfoliating, cleansing, toning and moisturizing are the four basic steps that are essential for a healthy skin.
But most of us do not give much importance to toning. Toning is basically cleaning your skin by removing excess dirt that cleansing couldn't do. It helps in maintaining the pH balance of our skin by shrinking the pores and keeping the skin ready for the last step, that is, moisturizing.
There are umpteen number of ready-made toners available in the market. But why to go over them if you can make your own toners sitting back at home? These are all using natural ingredients and thus are less harmful; and expensive than the ready-made ones.
This article will guide you with some DIY homemade toners and step-by-step instructions on how to make them.
Home Made Toners
Mint Leaf Toner
1 cup mint leaf
1.1/2 cup water
Take a cup of mint leaves and boil it in 1.1/2 cup of water. Make sure that you close the lid while boiling. Allow the solution to cool. Next, strain the solution and store it in a small plastic bottle, so that you can use it whenever you feel to. You can store in the refrigerator and this will stay for at least a week.
Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Mix 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and dilute it with water. Dip a cotton pad into it and apply it on your face and wipe it off. You can also use this as a makeup remover, which helps to make your face clean by removing any residue left on your face.
Aloe vera is an age-old remedy for a lot of beauty issues. It works best as a toner too. Let's see how.
1 fresh aloe vera leaf
Cut a fresh aloe vera leaf and squeeze in order to get the gel out of it. You can also use ready made aloe vera gel if you do not have fresh aloe vera leaf. Add 2 tbsp aloe vera gel and dilute it with water in the consistency of a solution. Store it in a spray bottle and use it as and when you want.
Take 1 small cucumber and cut it into small pieces. Next, take 1 cup of water in a pan and boil it for about 8-10 minutes with the lid closed. Let it the solution cool down. Strain this solution in a spray bottle and store it in the refrigerator. This can stay up to 7 days.
Ice is the most effective and reasonable homemade toner available.
2-3 ice cubes
a piece of cloth
Wrap the ice cubes in a piece of cloth. Rub it all over your face and neck. Ice will help in increase the blood circulation and will help in toning the skin. Make sure that you do no apply ice directly on your skin, as this may harm the sensitive skin. You can use this remedy once in a day to rejuvenate your skin.
As we all know, lemon juice contains properties that help in cleaning our skin, thus improving the overall tone of our skin.
2 tbsp lemon juice
Add 2 tbsp lemon juice in a bowl. Dilute it with some water to make a thin solution. Dip a cotton pad/bowl into the solution and apply it to your face and neck. Wait for 5 minutes and rinse it off in normal water.
Alternatively, you can also rub a piece of lemon over your face and repeat the same process as mentioned above.
Green tea contains antioxidants that help in keeping the skin fresh and rejuvenated.
Make a cup of green tea and let it cool down. You can apply this on your face after every wash. Using green tea every day will not only help you in keeping your skin fresh-looking but also will help you to reduce face wrinkles due to ageing.
1 cup papaya
Cut papaya into small pieces and blend them in order to make a piece. Dilute it with water and store it in a spray bottle. You can refrigerate it and this toner will stay for 4-5 days maximum. This toner can be used as and when you want.