- 13 hrs ago Janhvi Kapoor Slays It In An All-Yellow Outfit Look; This Could Be Your New Party Look!
- 14 hrs ago What Is A DNA Vaccine? How Is It Different From Other Vaccine Types?
- 16 hrs ago From Genelia Deshmukh To Karisma Kapoor, The Patterned Outfits Of The Divas
- 17 hrs ago DISCOVERY+ ANNOUNCES COVERAGE OF BLUE ORIGIN'S SPACE LAUNCH
- Movies Hungama 2 Movie Review: Priyadarshan's Ensemble Comedy Will Make You Say 'Maa Hungama Tu Hi Bachaale'
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka ODI Series 2021: Full List of Award Winners, Records and Statistics
- Technology Best Discount Offers On 5G Smartphones During Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021
- Education NIOS Result 2021 10th 12th Declared, Check Link And Download Marksheet
- News Kisan Sansad passes resolution against APMC bypass act
- Finance RIL Q1 Profit At Rs. 12,200 Crore In Line With Street Estimates
- Automobiles Volkswagen Taigun India Launch Timeline Confirmed: Expected Price, Two Engine Options Available
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In August
Itchy feet is usually the result of some sort of fungal infection on the skin. Athlete's foot, as it is generally called, can be one of the main reasons of one having an itchy foot. It is a condition where there is a spread of tinea pedis, a type of fungus.
This type of fungus mainly targets the skin and nails. Apart from itchiness, it can cause redness on the skin, cracks, flaky skin, burn, etc. Generally, this appears on the toes; but it can sometimes spread on the toe nails and soles as well. Tinea pedis generally spreads where there is moisture. It maybe due to sweaty socks, not drying off your feet properly, etc.
Severe cases of athlete's foot can cause blisters that are severely infected. But do not worry. There are some homemade remedies, with which you can cure itchiness and other infections on your feet.
Also Read: How To Remove Sun Tan From Feet?
This article will discuss on some simple tips and remedies that you can try out at home to get rid of itchiness and other issues quickly.
This is one ingredient that can be found in every household and works effectively to treat itchy feet. It helps in eradicating the fungi that cause itchiness.
How to do:
First, heat some water. Pour it into a small tub big enough to soak your feet. Add some salt in to the water and mix until it dissolves completely. Now, soak your feet into the solution leave it for 10-15 minutes. After 15 minutes, pat dry with a clean towel.
Repeat this remedy 3-4 times in a week for faster and better results. However, this remedy is not recommended if you have any open wounds or cuts.
Yogurt contains agents that will fight bacteria and other sorts of infections. It works excellently in treating the fungi on your feet.
How to do:
Apply some plain, unflavoured yogurt on the affected area and leave it on for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, wash it off in normal water and pat dry with a clean towel. Make sure that you completely dry the area, so that it doesn't cause a greater infection. You can repeat this remedy at least twice in a day.
Vinegar has antiseptic properties that help in getting rid of the fungal infections faster. Vinegar helps in absorbing the moisture of the skin. This will further affect the fungi causing any infection.
How to do:
Take a tub which is big enough to soak your feet. Now add 1 part of vinegar and 3 parts of warm water in to the tub. Soak your feet in the solution for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, pat dry with a towel. Repeat this remedy twice every day for about a week to see the difference.
Garlic is the best solution for several skin-related issues like inflammation, infections, etc. Garlic can be found in every household, which makes it even more easy and an effective remedy.
How to do:
All you need to do is peel off a garlic clove. Next, crush it in order to make a paste. Add 3-4 spoons of olive oil into the crushed garlic. Mix both the ingredients well. Apply this garlic paste all over the affected areas. Let it stay for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, rinse it off with an antifungal soap and pat dry with a clean towel. Repeat this remedy every day until you get rid of itchy feet.
Petroleum jelly is an age-old remedy that helps in several beauty and skin-related issues. It also works best for itchy feet. Bacteria grows where there is moisture. Petroleum jelly helps in absorbing this moisture completely from the skin, thus making an unfriendly environment for the bacteria.
How to do:
Take some petroleum jelly in your hand and apply it on the affected area. Gently massage in a circular motion. Cover this up with socks before you go to bed and leave it overnight. Next morning, rinse it off while taking a shower. You can apply this every day before you go to bed every night until you notice the difference.