- 1 day ago World Osteoporosis Day 2019: Date, Theme And History
- 1 day ago Bacterial Vaginosis: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment & Prevention
- 1 day ago So, Here Are Some Bollywood Fashion Scoops Of The Day For Outfits Inspiration
- 1 day ago 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Sports ISL 2019-20: KBFC vs ATK: Ogbeche the hero as Kerala strike down ATK in Indian Super League opener
- News October 21 by-polls: Key constituencies to watch out for
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Flaunts A Jacket Gifted By Karan Johar, Hilariously Demands A Pair Of Heels!
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Dryness and redness are common skin problems that we all face during the winter. When your skin lacks hydration it makes your skin dry and red especially if your skin is super sensitive. Redness is usually an indication of inflammation on the skin.
Other factors leading to winter redness are anti-bacterial soaps, detergents or chemical-based soaps. There are indeed remedies in the form of lotions, creams, etc., specifically designed for winter. But apart from that, it is important to take care of your skin by keeping certain things in mind.
In this article, we'll be giving you some tips that you can use to take care of the skin during winter. Let us see what they are.
This is the first and foremost and the most basic tip that you need to follow. Redness on the skin is a sign that your skin is dehydrated and needs hydration. Redness can also lead to scars and spots on the skin. You can choose a winter care moisturiser according to your skin type and apply it at least twice a day to protect your skin from redness.
Going gentle on your skin is something that you need to practice during this time. Your skin is already in a sensitive state, so doing something more to your skin can only increase the irritation and damage. Of course, you need to cleanse your skin every day but you need to be very careful. Do not rub your skin hard as this can cause more damage to the skin. Be gentle and pat dry your skin with a soft towel.
Winters or not, sunscreen is a must to protect your skin no matter what. You might already be having a sensitive skin and you do not want to increase the damage on your skin. Exposing your skin to the harmful UV rays of the sun can cause more damage to the skin. Therefore use a sunscreen whenever you step out of the house.
Take Care Of Your Diet
Protecting your skin from inside is equally important to maintain a healthy skin. During this time of the season, it is likely that your immunity will go down. So in order to keep up to that, you need to have a proper diet. Intake of food rich in antioxidants can do it all. Antioxidant-rich food like carrots, berries, beetroots, etc., can help in improving the condition of the skin.