- 6 hrs ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 7 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 8 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 8 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Movies Randeep Hooda Opens Up About His Ouster From Mira Nair’s A Suitable Boy
- News Seeking to provide Indian citizenship, Lok Sabha passes Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Technology ACT Fibernet Offering Netflix Subscription In Jaipur, Guntur
- Sports 13th South Asian Games: Naveen Kumar shines as Indian Kabaddi Team crush Sri Lanka to win gold medal
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Over the past few years, the quality of urban air has deteriorated to a great extent. This has happened because of an increase in the particulate matter concentration in air.
While most of us are well aware of the health hazards of air pollution, very few of us know about the ways in which it can wreak havoc in your skin's health as well as its overall appearance.
Pollutants present in the air can cause a myriad of unsightly skin conditions. Today, at Boldsky, we've zeroed in on some of the most unpleasant effects of air pollution on your skin.
Knowledge about these issues will help you take the required steps to safeguard your skin, from the toxins present in the air, in an effective manner.
Read on to know more about the various ways in which air pollution can cause damage to your skin.
1. Premature Ageing
Presence of pollutants in the air can create free radicals in your skin, thereby speeding its ageing process. Premature signs of ageing like wrinkles, fine lines, etc., can make you look older than you actually are.
To prevent this from happening, you should try to incorporate anti-ageing beauty products in your skin care routine.
Another side effect of being exposed to polluted air is dryness. Various toxins and impurities present in the air can rob your skin off of its natural moisture and make it appear dry, dehydrated and dull looking.
To stop your skin from getting too dry, make sure to hydrate it from the inside out. Other than that, you can use a skin toner to help it stay moisturized.
3. Acne Breakouts
Acne breakouts are highly common among people who live in polluted cities. Various toxins and impurities present in the air can easily get settled in your skin's surface and cause these annoying breakouts.
To prevent such breakouts, try to follow a strict skin care routine and also use DIY packs to make sure that the toxins do not get accumulated in your skin.
4. Loss Of Elasticity
Exposure to poor quality of air can also cause loss of elasticity in your skin. This in turn can cause sagging of the skin.
In order to make sure that your skin stays firm, you should try using a few skin-tightening packs in your beauty care routine.
5. Skin Rashes
This is, by far, the most common side effect of air pollution. The harmful compounds in the air can irritate your skin and cause prominent skin rashes. These rashes are usually red in appearance and cause a great deal of itchiness.
Use rose water to get relief from skin rashes. But, in case they are too severe, you should consult a dermatologist to get it treated.
In the past few years, there has been a rise in the number of people suffering from eczema. This is mainly because of air pollution. The skin-damaging pollutants can cause this unsightly skin condition.
The symptoms of this condition are redness of the skin as well as itchiness. If you're suffering from this issue, then it is best to consult an expert for treatment.
7. Clogged Skin Pores
The toxins present in polluted air can easily penetrate through your skin's surface and clog up the pores. Blocked pores can lead to various other skin problems and make your skin look unhealthy and unclean.
To prevent your skin from suffering from this problem, you should exfoliate your skin. Once a week, exfoliate your skin with a homemade scrub to eliminate the toxins from the pores.
8. Rough Skin
This is another terrible effect of air pollution on your skin. Exposure to the polluted and harsh air can leave your skin feeling rough. And, as one can expect, dealing with rough skin can be quite a pain.
In order to help your skin stay soft and smooth, you should keep it moisturized at all times.