A busy lifestyle and being in the sun for long can take a toll on our skin. Each one of us shows signs of ageing sooner or later and we make our best efforts to hide them until they are obvious. We would want to look young for just some more time.
With men also jumping the bandwagon, they too are getting more conscious of their looks like never before. Just like women, even men would like to look younger for longer.
The beauty industry is booming with more and more products specifically designed for men, as their skin is different from women's.
Men's skin is 25 times tougher than women's skin because of the increase in testosterone levels. The texture is also tougher. That is why most of the products meant for women may not work on men that effectively.
Another thing that differentiates men's skin from that of a woman's is that, men skin produces more collagen. This is the same compound that increases skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of signs of ageing. But because men are more prone to sun exposure without using the right protection, the extra collagen fails to hide some signs of ageing.
Men start to age when they reach their 40s. The first sign of ageing which appears at this stage is age spots, also known as liver spots.
Though they appear around the early 40s, they may be spotted sooner if the skin is exposed to the sun for longer without any sun protection.
These black and brown skin spots are harmless; but they are undesirable, as they could make you look older. Although there are a lot of treatments available to get rid of these, it is better to opt for natural remedies that are effective and safe for the skin.
Provided below are some of the effective remedies to remove age spots in men. Take a look.
1) Lemon Juice And Yogurt:
High in vitamin C and citric acid, lemon juice is excellent in lightening the skin. Yogurt is an excellent bleaching agent and will help you get rid of any skin discolouration.
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt
1) Squeeze the juice from the lemon.
2) Mix it with the yogurt in a bowl.
3) Apply the mixture onto the face and leave it on for 20-25 minutes.
4) Wash off and repeat thrice a week for it to work on the tough skin.
2) Olive Oil And Vinegar:
This is a strong combination to reduce age spots. It is suitable for men because of their tough skin texture.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
1) Mix both the ingredients in a bowl.
2) Apply it on to clean face.
3) Keep it on for half an hour and wash it off. Repeat it once a week.
3) Gram Flour And Buttermilk:
Gram flour is a good natural remedy to lighten the skin. When mixed with buttermilk, it can work effectively on men's skin.
- 2 tablespoons of gram flour
- 1 tablespoon of buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon of tomato juice
- ½ a teaspoon of turmeric powder
1) Mix the gram flour and the buttermilk to make a paste.
2) Add the tomato juice and turmeric powder to it. If the paste is too thick, add some more buttermilk.
3) Apply this mixture on to the face and keep it on for 15 minutes.
4) This remedy is gentle enough to be used every day but also highly effective if used regularly.
Other Ways To Prevent Sun Spots
- Use protection while out under the sun. Preventing skin exposure to the sun is the best way to avoid dark spots.
- Skin brushing: Gently brushing your skin with a clean and dry toothbrush (preferably new) will also help remove dark spots on the face to a considerable extent.
- Signs You Are In Denial Of Struggling In A Bad Relationship
- Betrayals In Love And Broken Hearts Of Lovers
- I Used To Be Your Everyday Read, Now Just An Old Book In Your Library
- Causes Of Infertility In Males And Females
- Let's Rest Together Reliving The Past Memories Of Love
- Goodbye To The Love That Never Happened To Be Mine
- Hold Me One Last Time Before You Let Her Into Your Life
- Acts That Women Think Are Purely Romantic In Nature
- Can I Have A Baby After Cancer?
- Questions Every Normal Woman In A Relationship Asks
- Why Small Gestures Of Love Can Save A Relationship?
- Planning On Being The Perfect Wife? Simple Hacks To Follow