- 9 min ago 12 Affordable Christmas Gift Ideas To Make Your Loved Ones Feel Special
- 1 hr ago On Virat Kohli And Anushka Sharma's Anniversary, Their Wedding Wardrobe Decoded
- 1 hr ago Angad Bedi and Neha Dhupia's Outfits Remind Us Of Raj-Simran From Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- 2 hrs ago You Need To Try These 11 Amazing Ways To Use Turmeric To Get Rid Of Pimples Right Now!
- News RSTV briefly stops telecast of Citizenship Bill discussion on instruction from Naidu
- Movies Sathish-Sindhu Wedding Ceremony: Vijay Sethupathi, Sivakarthikeyan & Others Attend Event!
- Technology Reasons That Made Apple AirPods 'Product Of The Decade' Over iPhones
- Sports Australia vs New Zealand, 1st Test: Preview, Dream11 prediction, team news, where to watch
- Finance Bharat Bond ETF Issue Opens On Dec 12: Should You Invest?
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The harsh climate conditions during winter months can rob your skin off of its natural oil. This can leave your skin looking dry, rough and lifeless.
That is why, you should pay extra care to your skin during chilly months to prevent unsightly skin conditions. Just the way you make changes to your wardrobe during winter season, you should also make certain changes in your skin care routine to winter-proof your skin.
By making simple changes to your beauty routine and by following certain tips and tricks you'll be able to safeguard your skin and ensure that it looks gorgeous throughout the chilly months.
Today at Boldsky, we're letting you know about such tips that can help your skin combat extreme cold in the best way possible. Give your winter skin care routine a boost by using these following tips.
Easy-to-follow and wallet-friendly, these tips will help you enjoy the winter days without a worry.
Take a look at them here:
1. Wash Your Skin With Lukewarm Water
This is one tip that can make a world of difference to your skin's health during winter days. Washing your skin with hot water can steal its moisture and leave it feeling rough and dry. Be it taking a shower or just washing your face, make sure to use lukewarm water to ensure best results.
2. Kick Exfoliation Up A Notch
Skin care experts consider exfoliation to be vital for maintaining healthy skin during chilly months. This beauty method will help you get rid of dead skin cells, impurities and toxins that tend to get accumulated in your skin's surface and cause unsightly breakouts. Ensure your skin stays smooth and soft by exfoliating on a weekly basis.
3. Switch To A Non-foaming Cleanser
Foaming cleansers are considered to be perfect for summer skin care routine. However, during winter days, you should give this beauty product a miss and switch to a non-foaming cleanser. The foaming ones can rob your skin off its natural moisture and leave it feeling dry.
4. Safeguard Your Skin With A Sunscreen Before Going Out
A lot of women make the mistake of not wearing sunscreen during winter days, as the sunrays do not seem to be too strong. However, even when the sunrays do not appear to be too strong, they can cause damage to your skin and cause tanning as well as other troublesome skin conditions. So, make sure you safeguard your skin with a sunscreen before going out.
5. Use DIY Face Packs
Face packs can act as miracle workers during winter days. They can provide nourishment to your skin and prevent it from getting too dry and rough. However, instead of using store-bought packs you should consider DIY face packs. Use ingredients like avocado, banana, honey, etc., to prepare packs at home that can help your skin combat harsh winter season.
6. Hydrate From Inside Out
Hydration is key during winter season. During this season, the air is dry and cold that can leave your skin feeling dehydrated and cause dry patches to occur on your skin's surface. To prevent such things from happening, you should hydrate your skin from inside out. Drink plenty or water and use hydration-boosting natural ingredients in your skin care routine.
7. Apply Vitamin E Oil On Your Skin
Applying vitamin E oil on your skin can help it stay moisturized, hydrated and well-nourished even when the climatic conditions get too harsh. This natural oil is loaded with skin-benefiting compounds that can help your skin stay healthy and prevent it from appearing dry or dull. In a week, you can pamper your skin with this oil on 2 to 3 occasions for great results.
8. Moisturize Your Skin Overnight
Moisturizing is an essential skin care step that you should give a miss. However, during winter season you should kick this skin care step a notch and moisturize your skin even before going to bed. This will ensure that your skin does not get too dry while you sleep and help you wake up with soft and glowing skin.