Waxing is considered to be the best method of hair removal for most women. It gives you super soft skin and the results are long lasting. It exfoliates our skin and removes any tan or discoloration. Waxing also uses safe natural ingredients which are gentle on the skin.
While there are many positives about waxing, many women opt out of it due to pain. Waxing is a painful process. But the results are definitely worth the pain. No other procedure gives smooth skin and guarantees 100% hair removal. In fact, you will not notice any hair growth for at least a month at most times.
That is why women are opting for waxing for the bikini areas. It may sound painful but it leaves the area looking hairless and smooth. Shaving might be a painless alternative but it leaves the skin rough and because the roots are not removed, the hair grows out a bit coarse.
Keeping your pubic hair trimmed is a matter of hygiene. You may resort to different methods to keep your pubic area clean. If you have decided to try bikini waxing for the first time, there are a few pointers to keep in mind.
Waxing involves application of hot wax and removal of hair swiftly which is bound to irritate the skin; you need to take certain precautions after the procedure. Here are a few tips to follow.
Before The Procedure
Half an hour before your appointment, take a paracetamol tablet. This will ease your pain to some extent but don't expect it to work like local anaesthesia. Also, ensure that your hair is long enough for it to be removed completely from the roots at one go itself for more effective waxing and less pain.
After The Procedure
The area may turn red due to the procedure but the swelling should come down in a couple of hours. Use a good moisturizer to reduce the swelling and discomfort. Make sure to use a fragrance-free moisturizer because you will be applying it in a sensitive area.
Better still, use fresh aloe vera gel. It will reduce the inflammation and redness. Anything with tea tree oil will also benefit. Apply a thin layer after waxing.
2) Cooled Tea Bags
Another effective way to reduce the swelling is by using used tea bags. Take a used tea bag and keep it on the waxed area. It will relax you instantly. You can try them on other body parts as well after waxing.
3) Ice Cubes
Ice cubes are excellent to soothe your irritated skin. Crush a few ice cubes and wrap it with a cloth. It will also close the open pores and reduce the chances of infection.
Things To Avoid After Waxing
1) Avoid public places such as spas and swimming pools as you are more prone to infection.
2) Avoid tight underwear as the moisture can get trapped and can lead to infection.
3) Make sure to exfoliate the area at least twice a week in order to prevent ingrown hair.
- 5 Reasons Why You Would Need And Love Bikini Waxing
- Facts Related To Bikini Waxing For Every First Timer
- Breaking The Internet: Kim Flaunts Curvy Booty In Sleek Bikinis In Mexico
- Lisa Haydon Is Pregnant! And She Is Flaunting A Bikini!
- The Right Way To Wax Your Bikini Line
- Common Problems That Girls Face ‘Down There’ & What To Do About Them?
- 10 Best Tips For Your First Waxing Session