- 45 min ago Studies Show Cabbage Can Reduce The Risk Of Certain Cancers
- 1 hr ago Pongal 2020: Kajol And Other Divas Have Pongal-Perfect Outfit Suggestions For You
- 2 hrs ago Are You Cleaning Your Jade Roller? Here’s How To Clean Your Jade Roller And Why Should You Do It
- 2 hrs ago What Does Your Handshake Reveal About Your Personality
- Finance 5 Best Health Insurance Plans in India
- News Shocking UP crime: Two women’s bodies found, one burnt; another without clothes, doused with acid
- Movies Epic Fam Jam: 5 Reasons Why You Need To Attend India's Biggest Fan Festival
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Get Exciting Deals On OnePlus 7T Series, OnePlus 7 Pro
- Sports Sania Mirza and Nadiia Kichenok grab Hobart International title
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
The wish to apply so many kinds of lotions, creams, powder or makeup on the skin is very natural. However, before applying all kinds of makeup and associated beauty products on the body, one important step that everyone misses is to test their skin type.
The immediate result is, the beauty product reacts with the skin and you need medical help ASAP. In many cases, the skin might not react immediately, but the outcome becomes pathetic by the time it is noticed.
So, how to ensure that you are on the right track when it comes to your makeup and beauty products?
Well, in order to make the right choice over the ample beauty products and treatments available, it is important to know what your skin type is.
Human skin - the largest organ of our body - has different types and once you know your skin type - it becomes too easy to pick your makeup or beauty products.
When categorized, the common four skin types that are found are the following:
When your skin has an extra coat of oil by the midday on a daily basis, then you fall under the bracket of having oily skin. Oily skin people get more skin breakouts like pimples and acne. When any oily skin person wipes their face with a tissue, a layer of oil is visible. Hereditary in nature, the cons of oily skin include blackheads, whiteheads and enlarged pores.
Exactly opposite to oily skin, for dry skin people, a matte look is constant from day to night. Very dehydrated to look at, dry skin offers constant problems like itchy skin, red skin, flaky skin and more. Even after cleansing, dry skin appears very dehydrated to look at.
Congratulations in case you find out you have normal skin, because this is a god's gift indeed. Normal skin is always smooth and silky with rarely any skin breakouts. Very constant all day long, the beauty tips required for a normal skin type is very minimal.
It might be that you neither have an oily, dry or normal skin. In that case, you will be called a combination skin holder, where some parts of the body are very dry, some very oily and the rest, normal. In case you have only two of the skin types, then again you will be called a combination skin beholder.
Very delicate in nature and toughest to take care of, sensitive skin reacts at any point. A weather change or an experiment in makeup can lead to a wink of eye changes in the sensitive skin.
Now, when you know what are the different kinds of skin types that are common, it is important to discover yours, so that you are at the right beauty regimen track.
Skin type can be learnt at home by conducting simple skin type tests and observing the same for over a period of time. If your skin type changes due to the weather, then do not panic, as this is a very natural skin behaviour confirmed by dermatologists.
Feel Your Skin
One of the ways to know your skin type is by observing and feeling it for a considerable long period of time. Wash your face in the morning and do not apply any skin or makeup product until mid-day. Exactly at mid-day, try checking your skin.
- If it is flaky - you own dry skin.
- If it is oily and moistened - you have oily skin.
- In case your T-zone is oily and the rest of the face is dry - then it is combination skin.
- If your skin starts reacting with red patches - then you have sensitive skin.
- However, you have to keep doing this observation for 15-20 days in the same climatic condition to get the right result.
Notice Your Pores
All humans have pores in their bodies. The size, shape, and nature of the pores can let you know what your skin type is.
- If you have small and tight pores and it never bothers you - then you have dry skin.
- In case you have big pores with constant skin problems like pimples and acne - then you have oily skin.
- If you cannot find any pores on your body, then you have normal skin.
- If touching or little scratching on your pores turns them red in colour and reacts - then you belong to the sensitive skin category.
Blotting Paper Test For Skin Type
One of the old school methods to know your skin type at home is by using the blotting paper method. The only requisite in this skin type test at home is blotting paper.
However, the blotting paper test for skin type is an overnight process, but the result you get is assured.
A night before the blotting paper test, just wash your face and go off to sleep. No cleansing, moisturizing or toning of the skin is required that night.
Next day, leave your bed, take the blotting paper and stand in front of the mirror. Start dabbing the blotting paper all over your face.
- If there is too much oil on the paper - the result is oily skin.
- If there is no oil on the blotting paper and you feel your skin is dehydrated or extremely tight - the conclusion is dry skin.
- A very confusing result but not to worry about is, your cheeks are fine but your nose is giving out too much oil on the blotting paper. Well, you own combination skin.
- If there is hardly any change in the blotting paper and you continue to feel as good as any other time - then congrats, you own normal skin.
- Lastly, if your skin did not react on the blotting paper but is prone to rashes and allergies - then take a doc's advice, you might have sensitive skin.