- 6 min ago 5 Facts About Bougainville - The World's Newest Nation'
- 1 hr ago Cuteness Alert: Adorable Pandas Doing Funny Activities Will Make You Fall In Love With Them
- 1 hr ago Sania Mirza Keeps Her Jewellery Game Strong At Sister, Anam Mirza's Wedding Festivities
- 2 hrs ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Gives Fabulous Fashion Goals With Her Amazing Outfits
- News Name change pays electoral dividend to B S Yediyurappa
- Technology Jio Removes Rs. 49 JioPhone Recharge Plan, Base Plan Debuts At Rs. 75
- Finance Time To Be A Little Cautious On The Markets
- Movies Saath Nibhana Saathiya's Rucha Hasabnis Blessed With Baby Girl; Devoleena & Adaa Congratulate Her
- Sports UFC 245: Usman vs. Covington preview, fight card, India time and where to watch
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Drop in temperature can wreak havoc in the appearance of your lips. This happens because loss of moisture in the air can cause your lips to get dry and look flaky.
As you may already know, lips are prominent facial features and their appearance can either make or break your entire look.
So, if you're worried about the appearance of your lips during winter season and wish to prevent them from getting dry and looking chapped, then today's post is perfect for you.
Today we've curated a list of natural oils that can provide deep nourishment to your lips and prevent them from looking dry and chapped.
Since time immemorial, these oils have been prized as effective remedies for treating dry, chapped lips. They contain compounds that can exfoliate your lips and also ensure that they stay well-moisturized at all times.
Read on to explore about these oils here:
Note: Test any of the following oils on a patch of skin prior to applying it to your lips.
1. Almond Oil
Almond oil is a nourishing oil that can soothe dry and chapped lips. Apart from that, it can also prevent dead cells from getting accumulated and causing your lips to get flaky. To get great results, just apply this oil to your lips before going to bed on a daily basis during winter season.
2. Hemp Seed Oil
Hemp seed oil can act as a natural lip balm and protect your lips from the harsh climatic conditions during winter season. Its softening features can ensure your lips don't get too dry and flaky. Mix a few drops of this oil with olive oil and slather the blend onto your lips. Wash off with cold water.
3. Jojoba Oil
This oil can act as an exfoliating agent as well as a moisturizer on your lips. That is because, it is packed with antioxidants that can nourish your lips and ensure that they look gorgeous throughout the season. Mix a few drops of jojoba oil with sugar and use it on your lips. After 5 minutes wash it off with tepid water.
4. Peppermint Oil
Another incredible oil that can work wonders on the state of your skin during winter season is peppermint oil. This oil can easily get absorbed in your lips and remove impurities that cause dryness. Mix it with coconut oil and use it on your lips at least 3-4 times a week for best results.
5. Olive Oil
When it comes to preventing chapped lips, there are very few oils that work more effectively than olive oil. Application of this oil is a great way to make sure that your lips stay well-moisturized at all times. Just smear it on your lips and leave it there. Try this twice a day to get noticeable results.
6. Lavender Oil
Lavender oil is an excellent source of natural moisturizing ingredients that can prevent the harsh winter air from making your lips dry and chapped. Just combine it with cocoa butter and apply on your lips. This blend acts as a natural lip balm and ensures that your lips stay soft and smooth.
7. Coconut Oil
The almighty coconut oil can also be used for this beauty purpose. The compounds present in it can provide deep nourishment to your lips and make sure that they stay well-hydrated and moisturized at all times. Just apply it to your lips and leave it there. For best results, make this oil a part of your daily beauty routine during winter season.
8. Vitamin E Oil
High content of vitamin E in this oil makes it an excellent remedy for lip care purposes. It nourishes the skin on your lips and makes them soft and smooth. Just scoop out the oil from a vitamin E capsule and apply it on your lips. Use it through the season to ward off lip-related problems.