Now that you have bought a packet of orange peel or prepared a box of it at home, you may wonder how to use it on your skin.
Well before applying or trying anything new on the skin, it is important to know why you should use it. So, first, we focus on why you should use an orange peel on the skin and later go on to tell how you can use the same.
Reasons For You To Use Orange Peel On Your Skin:
- Citric acid in orange peel makes it an excellent exfoliator.
- Antioxidant properties in orange peel help it to tighten and tone the skin.
- Vitamin C in orange peel keeps away the acne on skin.
- Magnesium and potassium present in orange peel together promote a glowing skin.
Now, here are the ways in which you could use orange peel at home, take a look.
Orange Peel Powder, Oatmeal Powder + Baking Soda
- The ratio of orange peel powder and oatmeal powder should be 2:1.
- To the powders, add a pinch of baking soda.
- Add water slowly and mix it to a thick paste.
- Apply on the skin and massage in a circular motion, wait for 20 minutes and wash when it is completely dry.
Orange Peel Powder, Sandalwood Powder + Rose Water
- The ratio of orange peel powder and sandalwood powder should be 1:2.
- Add rose water slowly and mix it to a thick paste.
- You can add milk instead of water. This works best if you want to get rid of dull skin.
- Apply, keep it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse with cold water.
Orange Peel Powder, Curd + Honey
- The ratio of orange peel powder and hung curd should be 2:1. Mix the two to a paste.
- Add half a teaspoon of raw honey. Extra honey makes the mixture tough to apply.
- Apply on your skin, relax for 20 minutes and rinse off.
- Follow this with a good olive oil or coconut oil massage.
Orange Peel Powder, Milk + Coconut Oil
- The ratio of milk and coconut oil should be 2:1. Both should dilute well.
- Next, add a tablespoon of orange peel powder in the milk and oil mix.
- Apply this on your face, neck and all the exposed part of the skin.
- Wait until the orange peel powder, milk and coconut oil dry up. This pack acts as a moisturizing agent for those suffering from dry skin problems.
- Wash with cold water.
Orange Peel Powder, Walnut Powder + Rose Water/Milk
- The ratio of orange peel powder and walnut powder should be 2:1.
- Mix both the powder and then add rose water or milk.
- When a thick pack is made, apply it on skin, wait and wash. This works to tighten the skin.
Green Clay, Orange Peel, Milk Powder + Rose Water
- First, mix the green clay and orange peel powder in the ratio of 1:2 in a bowl.
- Next, add one good pinch of milk powder to the mix of green clay and orange peel powder.
- Make it to a paste by adding the rose water. Apply on skin, let it dry and wash off.
- This also works for skin brightening.
Orange Peel + Lime Juice
- Only two ingredients make this quick face mask.
- Prepare this, by mixing two teaspoons of orange peel powder with fresh lime juice.
- Apply on face and hands. Wait for 20 minutes. Wash when it is completely dry.
- Top Foods Rich In Calcium That Aren't Dairy
- 12 Best Foods To Cleanse Your Arteries
- 11 Foods That Are Rich In Vitamin D
- Top 15 Foods That Are Rich In Vitamin C
- How To Brighten Your Complexion With Orange Peel Powder
- 10 Superfoods To Eat After A Workout
- Top 12 Potassium-rich Fruits That You Should Start Eating Now
- Top 20 Foods Good For Digestion And Constipation
- Fruit Face Packs To Avoid Dry Skin This Winter
- 10 Exceptional Benefits You Can Derive From Eating Oranges
- How To Prepare Chocolate Orange Cheesecake At Home
- Here's How You Can Cure Fever At Home!
- New And Innovative Ways To Take Care Of Your Skin This Holi