- 10 hrs ago 8 Popular Facial Oil Myths Busted For You!
- 10 hrs ago Kate Middleton's White Kurta Set Is The Traditional Outfit That Your Closet Demands
- 11 hrs ago Porphyria (The Vampire Syndrome): Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Treatment And Prevention
- 11 hrs ago World Pediatric Bone And Joint Day 2019: Date And Theme
- News Fresher engineering jobs: NHPC Apprentice Vacancies; How to apply for these BE/Btech jobs
- Movies Just In: Amitabh Bachchan In Hospital For Past Three Days Due To Liver Problem
- Technology Xiaomi Sees 30-40% Growth In Offline Sales: Report
- Sports ISL 2019-20: ATK building a legacy with focus on youth
- Automobiles 2020 Mahindra TUV300 Plus Spied Testing Ahead Of Its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Travel How To Choose The Right Travel Insurance Policy
- Education HTET Preparation Tips To Crack Exam In One Month
- Finance Tata Motors Shares Spike 13% As UK Strikes New Brexit Deal
Getting a tattoo is a recent trend nowadays, which is followed by both men and women alike. Getting a tattoo on the body might be easy, but taking care of your freshly tattooed skin takes a lot of efforts. To know more on how to take care of freshly tattooed skin, continue reading.
You need to be extra-cautious with your freshly tattooed skin. A small mistake or ignorance with your skin care can lead to skin allergies and infections. And hence, it is advised to take care of the skin after getting inked.
A tattoo normally takes one to two weeks to be fully healed and during this period, you need to be extra-cautious with things.
Depending on the skin type, design and placement of the tattoo, the healing period may vary. Well, if you have freshly got a tattoo, here is how you should take care of your freshly tattooed skin.
1. Bandage Covering
Once you are done with the tattoo, your tattoo artist will clean the area and cover the area with a bandage. Allow the bandage to be there for 2-4 hours and prevent picking it out. The bandage is applied on the tattoo, so that it prevents bacterial infection and allergies on the skin. So, it is important to keep your plastic bandage on for at least 4 hours.
2. Wash The Tattoo
After 4-5 hours, you should remove the bandage carefully. Prevent pulling off or applying pressure on the skin. Now take lukewarm water and wash the tattooed skin with antibacterial soap. Gently massage the area with the soap, so that it helps to remove the ink, plasma and blood marks around.
3. Prevent Pouring Direct Water
Whenever you are washing the tattoo, you should prevent pouring direct water on the tattooed skin. Save your tattoo from water at least for a week, until your skin has healed fully. In order to wash the area, splash some water and clean the area with the help of a sponge or soft cloth. Use of too cold or too hot water should be prevented.
4. Use Grapeseed Oil
Using grapeseed oil on freshly tattooed skin helps to heal the skin sooner. Due to a large amount of Vitamin E present in the grapeseed oil, it helps to heal the skin and prevent skin from any damage. Take some grapeseed oil and then apply it with the help of a cotton ball. Massage for sometime and clean the area with warm water later.
5. Prevent The Exposure To The Sun
You should prevent exposing your tattoo to the sun, as it is the worst destroyer of tattooed skin. Due to harmful UV rays of the sun, it may not only destroy the tattoo but also increase the risk of infections on the skin. Whenever you are going out, you should cover your hands fully and prevent exposing the skin to the sun.
6. Coconut Oil
Using coconut oil is the best remedy that can help to speed up the heeling process of the skin and keep your tattoo safe. Generally, your skin tends to get dry for some time and hence coconut oil can help to soothe the skin and also treat the inflammation. Using coconut oil not only helps to heal the skin but also treats the irritation and redness on the skin.
7. Aloe Vera Gel
Most of them suffer from irritation and itching on the skin during 1-2 initial days of getting the tattoo. Aloe vera gel contains antioxidants that help to treat inflammation and itching on the skin. Take some aloe vera gel and massage your skin for sometime. Leave it overnight and wash off in the morning. Do this regularly to keep your freshly tattooed skin safe and healthy.
8. Avoid Water At Any Cost For 1 Week
You should avoid soaking in a swimming pool, as the chlorine present in the water may destroy the tattoo completely. Not only swimming pool, but you should avoid direct contact with water atleast for a week.