- 6 hrs ago COVID-19 Vaccine Slot Finder: Find COVID-19 Vaccine Slots In Your Area Using These Websites
- 9 hrs ago Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Gauahar Khan Looks Gorgeous In Her Festive-Perfect Mulmul Kurta Set; Know The Price!
- 10 hrs ago Mother’s Day Special: 7 Products, 7 Minutes! Daily Makeup Routine For Busy Working Moms
- 11 hrs ago Mother’s Day 2021: Ayurvedic Herbs For Mothers For Lactation, Perineal Pain, Stretch Marks And More
- News Fatal black fungus infection: Do's, don'ts; All you need to know
- Sports I wanted shooters to train in safe environment: Rijiju on Croatia tour
- Technology Realme Narzo 30 Slated For May 13 Launch; Unboxing Video Reveals Design, Specifications
- Movies Rajasthan Lockdown: Pandya Store And Other TV Shoots May Get Suspended! Exclusive
- Finance CBDT Made Available Offline Utility Of ITR 1 & 4, Check Steps To File
- Automobiles Hyundai Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh Benefits On Select Models
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Having beautiful skin is every woman's dream; but with today's polluted environment, humidity and scorching heat, it can be difficult to retain the natural glow. The environmental factors only wipe off the natural glow from the skin and only attract infections.
It is usually summers that take a toll on the skin by making it lifeless, dull and prone to acne and pigmentation. Some of the common skin problems during summer are acne, sunburned skin, pigmentation and prickly heat.
Pigmentation is a very common problem during summers; and if you want to keep pigmentation at bay without burning a hole in your pocket, then using red sandalwood powder is the ideal choice.
Not many are aware of the benefits of Red sandalwood, or Raktha Chandana. It is different from the white sandalwood, as it doesn't have any fragrance.
Both have sattwic qualities that can ease stress and calm your mind. Red sandalwood has astounding medicinal properties, which provide sufficient nourishment to the skin. The wood present at the center of the trunk is used for medicinal purposes.
It is used for treating digestive tract problems, cough and for the process of blood purification. It can eradicate skin eruptions and detox, also unclog congested pores of oil, dirt and toxins. For pitta-related skin diseases, like eczema, try to combine red sandalwood powder with herbs like neem, coriander and turmeric.
If you are looking for ways to clean your pores and keep breakouts at bay, then here are some easy-peasy tips to follow using Red Sandalwood powder.
Get Rid Of Impurities With Raktha Chandana
Red sandalwood powder, which is known to draw out dirt and impurities and minimize pores, can help to distill the skin pore size and make your skin look flawless. Red sandalwood powder has anti-bacterial properties that can control the excess oil and lighten blemishes.
To apply it on your skin, take about 5 g of red sandalwood powder and then add 3 tbsp of milk into the ingredient. Next, make a smooth paste and then dab the mask on your face. Allow this mask to sit on your skin for 20 minutes. Later, wash off with lukewarm water.
Erases Dark Spots
Papaya which is rich in vitamins A, C, E can help to rejuvenate the skin. The AHAs and Papain present in the fruit can help get rid of the dead skin cells. Papaya and Red Sandalwood powder can be used as a mask to treat hyperpigmentation.
To make a mask, take a blender and process 1 tbsp of ripe papaya, 1 tbsp of plain yogurt, 1 tbsp of red sandalwood powder and 1 tsp of oatmeal until it gets smooth. Dab this mask on dry skin and leave it for 15 minutes. Make sure to rinse with warm water and then later douse again with cool water.
Treats Oily Skin
Different areas of your skin may have different requirements. If your skin is dry, don't go sloughing off red sandalwood powder with water, as it can create patches of dry skin. Taking care of your oily skin is all about sense of balance and to follow a regular skin care routine such as cleansing, slathering moisturising and using masks or peels once a week.
Red sandalwood is an amazing treatment for oily skin because it manages to clear out sebum, and makeup residue out of your pores. Regular use of red sandalwood powder or stick can lead to clearer pores that can take out excess oil from your face.
To make a mask for oily skin, all you need to do is to mix one egg white with one tbsp of oatmeal and then mix 1 tbsp of red sandalwood powder. Mix it until it becomes smooth. Try to pat it on your face and allow it to solidify for about 15 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water.
Fades Away Sun Tan
This is a perfect remedy for those who desperately want to remove sun tan. Simply add red sandalwood powder in a bowl along with 1 tbsp of gram flour. Mix well and then include 1 tbsp of turmeric and 1 tbsp of rose water.
Leave this face mask on your face for 15 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water after 10 minutes. Using this mask can help in removing sun tan and also in removing the dirt that is accumulated in your skin pores.