Cystic acne occurs when the hair follicles in your skin gets clogged up by dead skin cells, dirt and oil. This is a more severe form of acne and millions of people all over the world are plagued with this painful and unsightly skin condition.
In this condition, painful cysts also get formed underneath your skin. This is what makes this type of acne different from the typical ones. That is why, the treatment that works on regular acne may not necessarily work on this specific condition.
To treat this type of acne, you can either opt for cosmetic procedures or just try out natural at-home treatments. There are a lot of at-home methods that are cited to be super effective for cystic acne.
Natural ingredients like baking soda, apple cider vinegar, turmeric powder, tea tree oil, etc., when used in combination with other equally effective components can be used for combating this unpleasant skin condition.
Just whip these components into facial masks that can disinfect your skin, unclog the pores and thereby treat this condition
Here, we've listed the recipe for such homemade masks.
Note: If you're suffering from a severe case of cystic acne, then we recommend you to consult with a dermatologist before trying out any of the following masks.
1. Turmeric Powder With Tea Tree Oil And Coconut Oil
- Combine a pinch of turmeric powder with 3 drops of tea tree oil and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Evenly spread the resulting mask on the affected area.
- After 5 minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water and follow up by applying a light moisturizer.
- Use this process twice a week to get relief from this condition.
2. Fuller’s Earth With Lemon Juice
- Prepare this next mask by mixing ½ a teaspoon of fuller's earth with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Smear the mask all over the troubled area and let it sit there for 5 minutes.
- Wash off the residue with lukewarm water.
- Repetition of this method on a weekly basis can help you fight off this problem.
3. Baking Soda With Aloe Vera Gel
- Merge ½ teaspoon of baking soda with 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel.
- Apply the mask on the affected area and leave it there for about 5 minutes.
- Cleanse off the material with lukewarm water.
- This method can be used thrice a week to get great results.
4. Green Tea With Potato Peel
- Put potato peels in a blender to get the paste ready. Mix it with 1 tablespoon of unsweetened green tea.
- Spread the prepared mask on the affected area and let it stay there for a good 5 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to wash away the residue from your face.
- Apply this mask twice a week to subdue the symptoms of this annoying skin condition.
5. Neem Oil With Epsom Salt
- Mix 4 drops of neem oil with a pinch of Epsom salt.
- Put the mask on the affected areas on your face.
- Let it dry for about 15 minutes prior to cleansing it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this process 2-3 times in a week to get a noticeable result.
6. Chamomile Tea With Juniper Essential Oil
- Combine 1 teaspoon of chamomile tea with 3-4 drops of juniper essential oil and 3 drops of olive oil.
- Cover the affected area with the resulting mask and leave it on for about 5 minutes.
- Wash off the residue with a light cleanser and lukewarm water.
- Give this method a try on a weekly basis to fight off this skin condition.
7. Mint Leaves With Honey
- Put a handful of mint leaves in a blender to get the powder ready.
- Mix the powder with 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Put the prepared mask on the troubled area and allow it to dry for a good 5 minutes.
- Wash it off with tepid water and use the same mask again after 2-3 days to get great results.
8. Egg White With Apple Cider Vinegar
- Make this next mask by combining an egg white with ½ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Evenly spread it all over the affected area and let it sit there for about 5 minutes.
- Wash off the residue with lukewarm water.
- Indulge in this method on a weekly basis to get relief from cystic acne.
- DIY Yogurt Face Masks For Acne Cure and Control
- 5 Ways To Use Camphor For Skin Care
- Balancing Facial Moisturizer Recipe For Acne-prone Skin
- 4 Must-try Clay Face Masks To Get Rid Of Acne Scars
- How To Use Mint Leaves To Get Rid Of Acne Scars?
- Health Benefits Of Guggul
- Got Heat Boils On Your Scalp? Here Are The Reasons Behind It
- How To Get Rid Of Acne Using Clove Oil
- 10 Best And Worst Foods For Acne
- How To Use Vitamin E Oil For Acne Scars
- Quick Ways To Treat Armpit Lumps
- Beauty Benefits Of Glycerin You Probably Didn't Know