Sunscreen is the best way to keep your skin safe and tan free. Dry skin is basically a parched skin that demands moisture. Lack of moisture can dry the skin, causing it to turn flaky and inflamed.
Dry skin tends to feel tight after washing. This occurs because the skin loses too much water or natural oil.
We know that there are dozens of sunscreens in the market. But sustained use of these products is not at all advisable.
But prolonged exposure to the sun can also cause skin damage. Also, we need to wear a sunscreen even when it is cloudy, because the sun is at the attack mode even during that time.
Having said that, it is considered to be the safest to go for safe homemade sunscreen recipes for dry skin, which could treat the problem without any chemical harm.
This is the best way to block the harmful rays of the sun and also prevent the exposure to chemicals in the commercial products.
In this article, we have mentioned about some of the best DIY homemade sunscreen recipes for dry skin. Read further to know how to prepare the natural sunscreens for dry skin.
1. Peppermint Sunscreen Lotion:
You need to have 4 ounce of distilled water, 12 drops of pure lavender oil, 4-6 drops of spearmint oil and 4-6 drops of peppermint oil.
Mix all the ingredients in a blender and refrigerate it in an air-tight bottle. The shelf-life of this natural sunscreen is about 2-4 months. This is one of the best DIY sunscreens for dry skin.
2. Aloe Vera Sunscreen Lotion:
You will require 10 ounces of a fragrant body lotion of your choice, 4-5 drops of clove oil, 7-8 drops of peppermint oil and 10-15 drops of bottled aloe vera gel.
Heat this mixture for about 5 minutes until the becomes frothy and store it in an air-tight container. Keep it in a refrigerator and use it when needed.
3. Avocado, Jojoba And Coconut Oil Sunscreen:
You will need 1 spoon of avocado oil, 1 spoon of almond oil, 1 spoon of jojoba oil, 1 spoon of coconut oil, 5 drops of vitamin E oil, 1 spoon of shea butter, 2 spoons of cocoa butter, 1 spoon of beeswax, 1 spoon of soya-lecithin, 2 spoons of bottled aloe vera gel, ½ a spoon of borax powder.
First, grate the beeswax and melt it with shea butter and cocoa butter on indirect heat. Whisk it slowly until it is mixed properly. Add all the remaining ingredients to it. Blend in a blender and store in an air-tight container.
4. Body Lotion With Zinc Oxide:
This can work wonders for dry skin as well as oily skin. Take a mild body lotion and mix it with just two spoons of zinc oxide. This is one of the best homemade sunscreens to prepare for dry skin.
5. Almond And Olive Oil Recipe:
Both these oils are rich in vitamin E. You will require ½ a cup of olive oil and almond oil, ¼th tsp of coconut oil, ¼th cup of beeswax, 2 spoons of zinc oxide and 1 spoon of vitamin E oil.
Place all the ingredients, except for zinc oxide in a jar filled with boiling water. Once the ingredients melt, add zinc oxide to it. Mix it well and store it in a jar. This is one of the best natural sunscreens for dry skin.
- 9 Dangerous Habits That Cause Skin Cancer
- 10 Dangerous Habits That Can Cause Cancer
- Look Best With These Amazing Beauty Tips Every Morning
- Unknown Side Effects Of Sunscreen Lotion That You Must Note, Before Using It
- Common Habits That Can Make You Look Way Older Than You Are
- Cancer Experts Reveal What They Did Every Day To Never Get This Deadly Disease
- DIY Sunscreen Recipes To Protect Your Skin From The Harsh Sunlight
- New DNA Sunscreen Provides Better Skin Protection
- Skincare Tips To Be Followed During Swimming
- How To Pick The Right Sunscreen For Your Skin Type
- Setting Couple Goals For Mutual Skin Care Routine That Can Be Done Together
- Common Sunscreen Misconceptions You Should Stop Believing
- Tips To Make Your Makeup Look More Natural