During the busy week, we somehow manage and spend time in scrubbing our faces. But what about the rest of the body?
Often most neglected, we hardly spend time on our body to exfoliate it. The end result is, the face looks over smooth and bright than the rest of the body.
To ensure that equal focus is levied on your face and body, ensure you count on these body scrubs. Made of easily available healthy and natural ingredients, these body scrubs remove the first coat of dust and dirt from the body. Also, these scrubs make the body feel rejuvenated and all set for the coming week.
We emphasize to try these body scrubs in the weekend because the preparation time required would be long, and this is not just the application of scrubs on the body.
You have to spend little time to massage these body scrubs gently all over your skin as well to see a change.
So, take a look at the recipes, get the ingredients and begin retreating your skin to the goodness of these all-natural ingredients.
Oatmeal & Baking Soda Body Scrub
1 small cup of oatmeal
1 small cup of baking soda
1/2 litre of warm water
- In the grinder, first, grind the oatmeal into a powdered form. Do not make it into a fine powder; keep it a little coarse. The oatmeal here acts as the microbeads for this body scrub.
- Put the powdered oatmeal and baking soda together in the bowl and mix.
- Start pouring water gently and make it into a body scrub.
- In case the water is more, you can add extra grounded oatmeal or baking soda.
Coffee & Sugar Body Scrub
1 small cup of ground coffee
1 small cup of coconut palm sugar (granulated)
1/4th cup of organic coconut oil
1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- In the bowl, first mix the coffee and sugar together.
- Next, in the bowl, add the cinnamon powder and mix all three ingredients together.
- Lastly, add the coconut oil very slowly, as this is just a liquid agent for this coffee and sugar scrub. Mix the oil thoroughly and prepare a brown-coloured body scrub for your weekend.
Sugar, Raspberry & Lemon Scrub
5-8 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
1 small cup of cane sugar (granulated)
2-4 drops of food colour (red/yellow)
10-15 drops of fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons of raspberry pulp
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Clean, wash and blend the raspberries to make its pulp.
- To the raspberry pulp, add lemon juice, coconut oil and vanilla essence to prepare the liquid base of the scrub.
- Lastly, add the sugar and stir carefully. If you pour extra sugar, you have to balance it by adding coconut oil and vice versa.
Shea Butter & Olive Oil Body Scrub
1/2 cup of shea butter
1/2 small cup of olive oil
5-8 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
1/2 small cup of brown sugar
3-5 drops of vitamin E oil
10 drops of essential oil of your choice (optional)*
- In the bowl, first put the butter and whisk it for some time.
- To the butter, add the olive oil, coconut oil, Vitamin E oil and essential oil and mix.
- In the mixture, lastly, add the granulated brown sugar to make the scrub consistent and ready for use.
Sea Salt Body Scrub
1 small cup of body oil
2 small cups of sea salt (Epsom salt as option)
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel
10 drops of grapefruit essential oil
2 drops of rosemary essential oil (optional)
- In the bowl, put the salt and oil together and mix.
- Add lemon juice, aloe vera gel to the salt-oil mix and stir for a while.
- Add the essential oils at the end and mix to make your sea salt body scrub ready for use.
Basil & Sugar Body Scrub
1 small cup of cane sugar
5-6 medium basil leaves (chopped)
1 tablespoon of lime juice
1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil
- Take the bowl, pour sugar and the chopped basil leaves and mix.
- Next, to the sugar and basil leaves, add lime juice and coconut oil.
- Stir all the ingredients until well mixed and your scrub will be ready for application.
Almond & Honey Body Scrub
1 small bowl of almonds
2 tablespoons of honey
- Soak the almonds in a bowl and leave overnight.
- Next day, peel the almonds and make them completely dry. You can fan-dry the almonds.
- Put the almonds in the grinder and grind it into a coarse powder.
- Add honey to the almond powder, mix, and your almond and honey body scrub will be ready when both the almond and honey are well mixed.
Pomegranate, Sugar & Honey Body Scrub
1/2 a small cup of fresh pomegranate juice
1 teaspoon of organic honey
2 teaspoons of sugar granules
10 drops of olive oil
- In the bowl, first, put the sugar and honey with olive oil. Mix the three ingredients.
- Lastly, add the sugar and just stir it twice or thrice. On over stirring, the sugar might start to melt.
- Once the red scrub looks even in texture, start applying it all over and massage.
- 10 Nutrition Facts Of Homemade Almond Milk
- How To Make Low-calorie Paneer Tikka Recipe
- DIY Homemade Natural Conditioners For Strong And Healthy Hair
- Homemade Foot Scrub Recipes To Pamper Your Feet
- Easy Homemade Underarm Whitening Scrubs That Actually Work
- Easy-to-make Homemade Scrubs For Chapped Lips
- 10 Homemade Remedies To Remove Skin Tags
- DIY: Homemade Mask For Thick Hair
- Egg Bhurji Recipe: How To Prepare Egg Bhurji At Home
- Butter Chicken Recipe
- Fruit Coolers Recipe: How To Make Natural Fruit Coolers At Home
- Shiitake And Filo Mille Feuille With Red Pepper Pesto Recipe
- What Happens To Your Organs During Pregnancy