Sunscreen is something that most of us don't miss out on at any cost before stepping out.
But did you know that most of the commercial sunscreens that we use are chocked with chemicals? These can lead to health hazards as well.
These contain many chemicals like avobenzon, PABA and benzophenon.
These chemicals are considered to be very dangerous for the body's DNA, as these are known to be mutagens that can damage the DNA.
Due to these factors, it is considered the best to go for natural sunscreens that work well on any skin type which you can make at home.
Many sunscreens contain toxic ingredients or endocrine-disrupting chemicals that can promote skin cancer growth and free radical production in the body.
Hence, it is recommended to stop their usage and go for these. In this article, we have listed some of the best DIY sunscreen recipes. Read further to know more on how to prepare some of the best homemade sunscreen recipes.
1. Shea Butter Recipe:
Shea butter contains sun-safeguarding abilities. It acts as a great moisturizer as well as a wonderful natural sunscreen. Apply this cream on the entire body to block the harmful effects of the sun's rays. This is one of the best DIY sunscreen recipes that you must try.
2. Zinc Oxide Recipe:
This is known to be a faster version of a sunscreen. Get a bottle of natural body lotion that does not contain any citrus oil. Mix this lotion with two spoons of zinc oxide. This is known to be a better protector of harmful sun rays.
3. Coconut Oil Recipe:
Get a cup of pure melted coconut oil, and add ½ a cup of shea butter moisturizer, ½ a cup of zinc oxide and ½ a cup of filtered water to it.
Blend all the ingredients together in a jar. Once it is done, store it in a cool place. This can act as an effective sunscreen.
4. Tea Leaves Recipe:
Tea leaves are known to be a wonderful sun-blocking agent. Take two spoons of tea leaves and soak it in half a cup of water overnight. Separate the water and leaves in the morning. This water is known to be a very powerful sun blocker. This is one of the top homemade sunscreen recipes that you've got to try.
5. Wheatgerm Oil:
Wheatgerm oil recipe helps nourish the skin and also acts as a great sunscreen in its raw form. It has a natural SPF quotient of 20 and acts as a perfect sun-proofing lotion.
- Did You Know These 5 Side Effects Of Sunscreen Lotions?
- 9 Dangerous Habits That Cause Skin Cancer
- 10 Dangerous Habits That Can Cause Cancer
- Look Best With These Amazing Beauty Tips Every Morning
- Unknown Side Effects Of Sunscreen Lotion That You Must Note, Before Using It
- Common Habits That Can Make You Look Way Older Than You Are
- Cancer Experts Reveal What They Did Every Day To Never Get This Deadly Disease
- Top 5 Natural & Best Sunscreens For Dry Skin
- New DNA Sunscreen Provides Better Skin Protection
- Skincare Tips To Be Followed During Swimming
- How To Pick The Right Sunscreen For Your Skin Type
- Setting Couple Goals For Mutual Skin Care Routine That Can Be Done Together