- 4 hrs ago World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- 9 hrs ago British Fashion Awards 2019: Rita Ora Dazzles In A Flaming Eye Make-up
- 9 hrs ago Deepika Padukone And Priyanka Chopra Jonas' Checkered Outfits Can Totally Keep You Warm
- 10 hrs ago Kriti Sanon’s Recent Outfits Are What You Can Pick For DJ Night, Festivals And Red Carpet
- News CPCB task force asks agencies in NCR to intensify enforcement to curb 'severe' air quality
- Movies Panipat Movie Review: A History Lesson That's Still Relevant In Today's Times!
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Walnut, commonly known as Akhrot in Hindi, is a very common ingredient that is used in our daily life. Walnuts are commonly used in making cookies, cakes, chocolates, etc. Due to a lot of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and essential fatty acids found in walnuts, they have proven to be excellent on skin and hair.
Today, there are many makeup and skin care brands that include walnuts as their main ingredients, thanks to the vitamins, nutrients and minerals in it.
Besides skin care, walnut is also found in several shampoos and hair care products, as it helps to benefit your hair in several ways.
Here are some amazing benefits of walnut for skin and hair care. Take a look.
1. Prevents The Early Signs Of Ageing
Due to a lot of antioxidants found in walnut, it has been proved to be beneficial in preventing the early signs of ageing. It also contains Vitamin B that works as an excellent stress and mood manager. Other than this, walnut also contains enough amount of Vitamin E, which comes together to prevent the signs of ageing on the skin. A balance of Vitamin A, Vitamin B, and antioxidants can help to kill free radicals, thus preventing the onset of the ageing process.
2. Helps To Get Rid Of The Dark Circles
Due to a lot of antioxidants found in walnut, it can help to prevent dark circles around the eye. Regular application of walnut oil can help to treat the under-eye bags and also get rid of the dark circles. Walnut helps to relax your eye and also helps to maintain a nice glow and colour of the skin.
Also Read: Have you ever tried walnut scrub? If not, its time to start it.
3. Keeps Your Skin Moisturised
If you have dry and flaky skin, walnut is one of the best ingredients that can help to keep your skin moisturised. If you have dry, flaky and irritated skin, soothe your skin with warm walnut oil. Massage every day with walnut oil before going to bed and wash off with lukewarm water in the morning. Repeat this procedure for a month to get that smooth and soft skin.
4. Gives You A Bright And Glowing Skin
Due to the presence of essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber in walnut, it can help to give you a bright and glowing skin. Benefits of walnut are incredible on the skin and one such benefit is that walnut can help to make your skin glow. Make a walnut pack by mixing crushed walnut, oats, and honey together. Massage with this paste for 10 minutes and wash off with cold water. Walnut not only helps to get rid of the dead cells, but also helps to give you a fresh and glowing skin.
5. To Boost The Health Of The Skin & Hair
Walnut is not only helpful for the skin, but it is also good for the hair. Walnuts contain nutrients like antioxidants (like vitamin E), potassium, omega-3, omega-6, omega-9 fatty acids, etc., that strengthen our hair follicles. In order to be blessed with long and shiny hair, you can use walnut oil on a regular basis.
6. Prevents Balding Of Hair
Balding of hair may be due to various issues, but it can be controlled with the help of walnut oil. Regular application of walnut oil can help to control hair fall, thus preventing baldness. You can also include the use of shampoo and conditioner with the base of walnut in it.
Also Read: Here's what walnut can do to your skin
7. Helps To Treat Dandruff
Walnut oil proves to be excellent for treating dandruff on the scalp. Massage your scalp thoroughly with walnut oil, as it can help to prevent the scalp from getting dry and flaky. Also, due to natural moisturising properties found in walnut oil, it is known for treating dandruff-related problems effectively.
8. Healthy Scalp
One effective use of walnut is that it helps to improve your scalp condition thoroughly. Regular application of walnut oil helps to keep your scalp moisturised and hydrated, thus preventing issues like itchy scalp, dandruff, etc. The antifungal properties of the walnut oil are beneficial in preventing the infections triggered by ringworm. Thus, regular application of walnut oil helps to keep your scalp healthy and strong.
Side Effects Involved With Walnuts
According to a recent study, people who are allergic to nuts, pecans, etc., should avoid black walnuts at any cost. Many people use black walnuts on their skin to treat minor cuts and eczema. However, before using black walnut on skin, you should be aware that juglone, a chemical compound found in black walnut, is toxic. This compound is further associated with skin cancer.
Today, black walnut is available as a supplement. Since there are different brands and makers of supplements, the strength of each supplement varies. If you overuse black walnut, it could damage your liver and kidneys and hence you should be extremely careful while including walnut in your daily routine.