- 11 min ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black-hued Attire And Ups The Fashion Bar
- 32 min ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- 42 min ago Amazing Health Benefits Of Guava For Babies
- 1 hr ago Panipat Actress, Kriti Sanon's Sari And Sports Shoes Look Is What We Want To Nail
- Movies Rakul Preet Singh To Star Alongside Sidharth Malhotra And Ajay Devgn In Indra Kumar’s Next Movie
- News He has performed his duty: Cyberabad CP V C Sajjanar's brother
- Sports India vs West Indies, 1st T20I: Live Update: Kohli's band look to pick up an early lead
- Technology Apple Updates "Clips" App With Memoji, Animoji, And More
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
Plum is a wonderful and juicy fruit, which is also known as "Aloo Bukhara" in Hindi. This luscious and soft fruit contains a large amount of nutrients, proteins, minerals, and iron that help to benefit you in several ways.
Plum is not only helpful for your health, but it proves to be effective on skin and hair as well.
Plum contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C and dietary fibres that provide antioxidant benefits. This healthy fruit also contains a decent amount of niacin, carbohydrates, proteins and pantothenic acid that benefit our body in several ways.
Here, we mention to you some of the best benefits that plum has for the skin. So, read on to know more about the beauty benefits of plum.
1. Prevents Signs Of Ageing
Due to a large amount of beta-carotene and vitamins present in plum, it helps to prevent the early signs of ageing on the skin. The fruit is rich in antioxidants that help to prevent fine lines and wrinkles on the face. In order to enjoy younger-looking skin, massage your face with plum face mask every day. This will help give you a radiant skin.
2. Helps To Reduce Acne Scars On Face
Plum is rich in antioxidants that can help to reduce the appearance of acne spots and blemishes on the face. The fruit helps to promote blood flow to the scar tissue, thus minimizing the scars on the face. Also, it helps in the development of new skin tissues.
3. Protects The Skin From Sun Damage
Due to loads of antioxidants and proteins found in plum, it helps to protect your skin from sun damage. Massaging your face with plum face mask can help to work as a natural protectant, thus preventing sun damage. Sun damage can often lead to rough and dry skin, thus including plum in your diet can help to boost the growth of new skin cells.
4. It Gives You Younger-looking Skin
Drinking plum juice every day or massaging your face with plum face mask every day can help to increase the production of new skin cells, thus giving you soft and radiant skin. Plum also helps to reduce scars, wrinkles and fine lines on the skin, thus benefiting a person with fresh and younger-looking skin.
5. Helps To Treat Hyperpigmentation
Excessive exposure to sun damage can accelerate the production of melanin in the body, thus leading to dark patches or hyperpigmented skin. Plum juice can help to prevent the overproduction of melanin on the skin, thus preventing the appearance of hyperpigmented skin.
Also Read: Want glowing skin? These fruit facials will surely help you!
6. Improves Elasticity Of Skin
Regular consumption of plum or plum juice can help to improve elasticity of the skin and improve its appearance. Due to the high amount of Vitamin C present in the plum, it can help to improve elasticity of the skin by increasing the production of hydroxyproline and hydroxylysine in our body. These two compounds play an essential role in giving you youthful skin and improved complexion.
7. Treats Freckles And Age Spots
Due to high inflammatory properties and antioxidants present in the plum, it can help to prevent freckles and age spots on the face. Plum can help to rejuvenate its appearance by increasing the production of collagen in the body. Also due to Vitamin C present in the plum, it can help to rejuvenate your skin from the roots and also speed up the generation of new skin cells.
8. Gives You Strong Hair
Due to a good amount of vitamins and protein present in plum, it can help to give you strong hair. Due to free radicals in the body, they damage your hair completely and make the hair turn thin. However, due to the presence of Vitamin E present in plum, it can help to boost hair growth and prevent hair fall in a person.
9. Removes Dandruff
Also due to Vitamin C present in plum, it helps to enhance blood circulation to the scalp and keeps your follicles healthy. It helps to relieve an itchy condition and prevents the hair from falling prematurely. Make a plum paste by removing the seeds and apply this on your scalp. Allow it to dry and then wash it off with cold water.
10. Helps To Retain Hair Colour
Luscious plum is highly pigmented, but not only does it help treat dandruff issues and thin hair problems, but it also prevents your hair colour from fading. Plum is one among those effective fruits that can help to retain the natural colour of your hair and thereby prevent premature greying.