- 12 min ago Bangalore School Kids Deliver An Impressive Rendition Of 'Believer' & Imagine Dragons Love It
- 22 min ago Deepika Padukone Takes Fashion Game To Another Level With Her Gorgeous Pink Ensemble
- 52 min ago 5 Facts About Bougainville - The World's Newest Nation'
- 2 hrs ago Cuteness Alert: Adorable Pandas Doing Funny Activities Will Make You Fall In Love With Them
- News 3-member panel headed by Retired Justice V S Sirpurkar to probe Hyderabad encounter: CJI to T'gana
- Sports Ranji Trophy matches in Guwahati, Agartala suspended due to unrest, curfew
- Technology NASA Mars 2020 Rover To Hunt For Early Life Evidence
- Movies Eid 2020 Box Office Battle: Salman Khan Reacts To Locking Horns With Akshay Kumar
- Finance Time To Be A Little Cautious On The Markets
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Eczema is a medical condition that causes inflammations in the skin and makes the skin turn itchy, which sometimes can be unbearable for the sufferer. These eczema home remedies for itch relief should soothe your painful skin a lot.
It primarily strikes the epidermis and can involve the skin oozing, having red bumps, or skin flaking up and crusting. It often leads to scarring and pigmentation. This is why you need home remedies to stop eczema itching.
The word eczema is derived from Greek and it literally translates to - to boil out. It mostly affects people living in dry climatic conditions. It mostly means that the skin's barrier system is weak and thus your skin is having trouble protecting itself from the environmental conditions that could further be drying your skin, like smoke, pollution and sun damage.
There are many causes for eczema, including allergic reactions. Whatever be the cause, the itch from it can be quite a terror, disrupting your everyday life. We really hope that these eczema home remedies give you some amount of relief from the itch.
1. Colloidal Oatmeal:
Try soaking in a bath with colloidal oatmeal in it. This is supposed to heal and soothe the skin to a great extent and provide you a great relief from eczema itch.
2. Wet Wash Cloth:
Wet a wash cloth with some cold milk. This helps soothe and cool down the skin and, at the same time, the milk works by providing moisture to the skin. This is one of the best and easiest home remedies for eczema itch.
3. Shorter Showers:
Make sure you take shorter showers. Long showers could dry out your skin even further.
4. Stop Scratching:
This one is quite obvious, but the temptation to scratch can be quite over-powering. To avoid this, you can wear oven mittens at all times.
5. Cocoa Butter:
Cocoa butter is one of the safest and most hydrating ingredients you can find out there that can help you stop eczema itching. Lather up your body with cocoa butter and you will actually feel some relief and you'll see the area healing.
6. In-shower Oil:
Before you head into the shower, massage your entire body with an oil. We suggest baby oil as it is super gentle, and if it is good enough for the gentle skin of babies, it's got to be good enough for you too, right?
7. Aloe Vera Gel:
Aloe vera gel can heal and soothe the most irritated skin. There isn't a single skin problem that this gel can't solve. Which makes it a perfect remedy for eczema itch relief.
8. Ice Cloth:
Wrap some ice up in a cloth and keep rubbing that along your skin. The cold from the ice will help soothe and calm down your itchy skin.
9. Castor Oil:
Castor oil is one of the most moisturising oils and it penetrates deep into the skin. Massage your skin with castor oil and leave it overnight to wake up to skin that feels a lot better.
10. Petroleum Jelly:
This home remedy for eczema itch actually works. You will need to apply a thick layer of petroleum jelly to the area and let it work in healing your skin overnight.
11. Avoid Scented Soaps:
Scented soaps and body washes contain a lot of harsh chemicals, which could further damage your painful skin. Stick to plain soaps, and it is best if you use baby soap or baby body bath.
12. Cotton Clothing:
And lastly, this is the perfect eczema home remedy for itch relief, where you need to avoid wearing synthetic clothes during this time. Loose, cotton clothes will give your skin some space to breathe.