Watermelon juice is a very refreshing drink, especially for the summers. But, did you know of the amazing ways it can benefit your skin?
Watermelon is found to be grown in South African countries and is a really rich source of vitamins A and C and carbohydrates, potassium and minerals. It does not have any fats and that fact makes it an amazing option for people who are dieting.
Watermelons have a natural composition of 95% water and they have a very sweet taste. It tastes like flavoured water that is highly beneficial for our body. It is incredibly healthy for consumption.
Watermelons can be grown in any season, provided the climate is tropical, but they grow best in the summer season.
Watermelon can be a lot more than just a refreshing way to quench your thirst in the summer days. It has a multitude of benefits for the skin as mentioned earlier. The high content of vitamins and water make it a treat for skin care.
So, go ahead and include watermelon in your regime to get amazing skin easily! Have a look at these ways to use watermelon for skin care.
1. For Clear Skin: Watermelon's fibre and water content helps flush out the toxins from the body by improving digestion. And lesser toxins mean clearer skin.
2. To Treat Oily Skin: It is perfect for people with oily skin, as it helps balance out the natural oil levels in the face. Apply a fruit pack with some mashed watermelon pieces to treat the condition effectively.
3. Moisturiser: On the other hand, it can even be used as a natural moisturiser as well. The water content of watermelon helps keep the skin glowing and hydrated.
4. Anti-ageing: Watermelon is a rich source of lycopene, vitamins A and C, which help reduce free radicals in the body. Free radicals are responsible for causing fine lines and wrinkles. So, with the use of water melon mixed with a teaspoon of honey you could say goodbye to the ageing signs.
5. Toner: Massage your face with a watermelon slice to get clear, toned skin that has smaller pores. The cool juice of watermelon helps with this action.
6. Acne: Watermelon is one of the best remedies for people who have an acne-prone skin, and unlike most remedies, it is gentle enough to be used every day. Just dip a cotton ball in some watermelon juice and apply it all over your face. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off.
7. To Treat Sunburn: The cool juice of watermelon can help soothe your skin after it has faced a bad case of sunburn. Mix it with mashed cucumber to make a pack that not only soothes your skin, but also helps lighten it!