- 59 min ago Blenders Pride Fashion Tour Finale 2020: Priyanka Chopra Looks Stunning In GraphicLiner And High Bun
- 2 hrs ago Blenders Pride Fashion Tour 2020 Finale: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Graces The Ramp In A Black Gown
- 2 hrs ago How To Gain Weight In A Healthy Way?
- 8 hrs ago 20 Best Foods Rich In Vitamin K
- Movies Rupesh Bane From Mumbai Is The Winner Of Dance Plus 5
- News Nationalism, 'Bharat mata ki jai' being misused to construct militant idea of India: Manmohan Singh
- Sports I-League: Preview: Chennai, Aizawl face-off in a bid to move up the league table
- Technology NASA Insight Lander To Help Mars Mole Probe Make A Move
- Finance 4 Factors That Could Affect Markets This Week
- Automobiles Urban Mobility Lab Launched In Bangalore By Rocky Mountain Institute And Micelio
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
From the last minute fixes to your wedding trousseau, dodging many calls of felicitation from friends and relatives to battling pre-wedding jitters, being a bride is not easy! And in the whirlwind of the wedding preparation, achieving that ethereal bridal glow is easy said than done. If anything, your skin looks dull, your eyes look tired and your hair seems to be waging a constant battle against you!
If you have a good 30 days in your kitty before the wedding day, you can easily turn around your beauty routine to get that magical glow. If you have 15 days, you might have to nip things here and there to achieve marginally glowing skin. And if you are seven days to your wedding, it is time you pull up your socks and get down to real work!
Brides, the very first steps to looking fabulous on your D-Day are to first calm down, streamline important work, delegate less important duties and get a good 8 hours of sleep.
And to simplify things for you, here we have curated a seven day prep-guide for that coveted bridal glow!
Say No To New Products!
A week before your wedding, you don't want to surprise your skin with new ingredients, risking the chances of inflammation or worse, breakouts! Stick to the products you know work well for your skin. Or better yet, take a break from toxic substances and opt for natural ingredients instead. You will be surprised with the results.
Pack Up On Nutrient-Rich Food
We cannot emphasise on this point enough. Beauty is a direct reflection of your health. For seven days avoid any sugary or starchy food, especially soda as it can make your skin look pale and dull. Binge on fresh vegetable smoothies, which are rich in probiotics and antioxidants. It will improve the elasticity of the skin, giving it a radiant glow.
Gently slough off the dead skin cells to reveal the new skin layer underneath. Rather than opting for chemical-based exfoliators, here is a natural scrub that will cost nothing and is skin safe.
- 1 Tablespoon of rice powder
- 1 Teaspoon of honey
- ½ Teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ½ Cup of fresh yogurt
Mix rice powder, yogurt and turmeric in a bowl. Stir in honey and whisk until all the ingredients blend well. Apply this on your body. Let it sit until dry. Once dry, spritz your body with cold water. When the pack becomes moist again, scrub it in round circular motion. Wash it clean with warm water and pat it dry. Follow it up with a nourishing body lotion.
Prep Your Skin With Papaya
Papaya is a strong source of an enzyme called papain, which is antibacterial in nature. Including papaya in your skin care routine will brighten your complexion, restore moisture balance in your skin, while keeping it taut.
- Ripe papaya
- 1 Teaspoon of sandalwood powder
- 1 Teaspoon of honey
Mash ripe papaya into a fine pulp and add in sandalwood powder and honey. Whisk until all the ingredients combine to form a smooth paste. Apply it on your skin. Leave it on for 30 minutes, before washing it clean. Later dab your skin with rosewater.
Pamper Your Eyes
Skin around your eyes tend to be delicate and thin, and so, more prone to showing signs of ageing.
Massage the area every night with nourishing essential oils to boost blood circulation. You can also try putting used green tea bags on your eyes to get rid of under eye circles and puffiness. Rejuvenated eyes will make you look instantly perky and fresh.
Compound the above-mentioned tips with an ample amount of water intake, good night's sleep and of course, never skip the SPF when stepping out of home. These simple tips will give you the bridal glow you always wanted. If you have more handy tips, do share with us!