- 2 hrs ago Bacterial Vaginosis: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment & Prevention
- 3 hrs ago So, Here Are Some Bollywood Fashion Scoops Of The Day For Outfits Inspiration
- 3 hrs ago Diwali 2019: Let Bollywood Divas Inspire You To Wear Gorgeous Light Festive Outfits
- 4 hrs ago Lung Diseases Caused By Breathing In Polluted Air
- Movies Isha Koppikar On Staying Relevant: I Will Never Be Out Of Sight Because I Am Hot & Talented
- News Campaigning in Maharashtra, Haryana ends: All you need to know about these assembly polls
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- Finance 5 Stocks That Rose The Most This Week
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Sports La Liga: Atletico Madrid vs Valencia promises to be exciting
- Technology BSNL Might Bring Cable TV, Broadband, Landline Services Under One Bill: Report
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Sometime, we get so caught up with taking care of the more easily visible parts of our body that we forget to give some much-needed attention to our poor feet!
If you have recently been on a beach vacation, filled with sun and sand, then it is quite obvious that you would have returned home with a mighty tan.
Wearing strappy sandals or flip-flops that go with your beach outfit does not help much, as your feet tend to be hit by the harsh sun rays and suffer the effects of a bad tan.
Usually, we forget to cover our feet, as we do for our faces or hands.
But, it is equally important to look after your feet and make sure that they remain healthy and hygienic.
Dark or badly tanned feet are quite unattractive and can mar your entire look.
If you are unhappy with your dark feet and if you are looking for ways to make them look fairer, then there are some amazing home remedies that can be easily made using simple kitchen ingredients.
Read on to find out what they are!
Potato juice is known to be a natural bleaching agent and can get rid of the tan and dark pigmentation effectively, with its regular use.
- Mash a potato in a blender to obtain its juice.
Ingredients: Lemon and salt
This combination works on your feet to exfoliate and also lighten the skin. Salt acts as a natural scrub, which removes the dead skin layer on your feet, thereby removing the tan. Lemon on the other hand is a natural whitening agent, as it is acidic in nature.
- Add a few drops of lemon to 2 tablespoons of salt.
Almonds contain nutrients and minerals that nourish your the skin cells and also make them healthier and radiant from within. An almond also naturally lightens your feet by getting rid of the dryness and pigmentation.
- Add 4 almonds in a cup of water, let them soak overnight.
Ingredients: Sandalwood powder and tomato
Sandalwood powder comes with natural antiseptic properties that can keep your feet healthy and infection free. In addition, it can also remove the tan and pigmentation. The soothing effect of the tomato cools your feet and also lightens them to a great extent.
- Squeeze a few drops of tomato juice into 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder.
Ingredients: Dry orange peel and milk
Milk is packed with lactic acid, which is known as a natural skin bleaching agent that can remove tan and pigmentation. Orange peel is also acidic in nature with the ability to exfoliate and lighten your skin.
- Obtain a powder by grinding dried orange peel in a blender.