When you think of skin care or beauty treatment, either you take an appointment at an expensive saloon or buy expensive skin care products from the market.
All these ways give you certain benefits but you have to pay quite a good amount of money. How about getting something which is easily available and also gives you a saloon-type treatment at much lesser cost?
Also Read: Homemade Natural Scrub For Blackhead Removal
Yes, Baking soda is one of those products that can give your skin a natural glow and solve a lot of skin issues.
Facial benefits of baking soda are numerous. Not only for the skin, but baking soda also treats your hair and scalp. What can baking soda do for your skin?
To get a whole body beauty treatment, you can rely on this product blindly. But, you should go through a patch test, as baking soda can cause a potential damage to the skin and hair in some, especially in those who have a sensitive skin.
It contains antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties that solve a lot of skin issues. But, you should know how much to use.
In any face pack, a pinch of sodium bicarbonate is enough to serve you the facial benefits of baking soda. What can baking soda do for your skin? Here are a few facial benefits of using baking soda. Read on to know more.
Also Read: Fruit Juices To Naturally Lighten Skin Tone
1. Prevents Acne & Pimples: Acne and pimples are stubborn and the marks of those are irritating. Instead of using any chemical products, seek help to baking soda. The anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties fight acne and give you a flawless skin within 2 weeks of use.
2. Removes Blackheads: What can baking soda do for your skin? It removes blackheads by reducing the excess oil secretion from sebaceous glands. Also, it makes the skin around blackheads softer, so that those can be washed out properly.
3. Removes Suntan & Sunburn: No matter how good a sunscreen you use, you can't avoid suntan completely. Too much suntan can cause sunburn. Keep a small box of baking soda with you. If you feel itchy and a burning sensation on your body parts due to sunburn, apply baking soda. It soothes your skin instantly.
4. Improves Your Complexion: No, baking soda can't make you fair (nothing can do this). But, as this is one of the best exfoliating agents, it can help to maintain an even skin tone and make you look brighter and fresh. Baking soda makes your skin dry, so use it with olive oil and lemon juice.
5. Heals Skin Irritation & Rashes: Baking soda is rich in antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. So, it can be a medicine for any type of a skin rash, itchiness, redness and swelling. If you want quick remedy, make a paste with water and apply it on the affected area. Consider it as one of the best facial benefits of using baking soda.
6. Facial Scrub: While making any homemade facial scrub, add a pinch of baking soda into it. Massage your skin gently and wait for a few minutes. Wash with lukewarm water when done. Getting a rejuvenated feel is that easy.